Medieval House

Lol okay how long have you been modeling on blender?

Its not bad at all man i sucked like really badly when i started my whole family was laughing at me people laughed but i still continued and i proved them wrong.
My car models look amazing !!! (Ive been modeling for mire than 5 years)

Fred/K.S

I’ve been in the game engine 5-6 years (and that is all of my 3d modeling training); nobody from my family ever laughed at my stuff (but honestly that would probably push me to be better)

here is my attempt at some organic “characters” for the game, well actually they are just chickens

they are not rigged yet, but they are modeled and textured.

Hey, i’m still working on this, it was just finals week, and a bit crazy- now I have some time to work on it (I’m working on another house, and brainstorming the character)

That’s nice keep pushing bro you’ll do well.

Fred/K.S

That’s nice keep pushing bro you’ll do well.

Fred/K.S

Keep pushing! Every project helps you to massively improve! Never shy away from trying something new :wink:
I like the chickens and your scene looks well lit.

Sorry it has been a while (and character design is not my forte) but here is what I have so far- how does it look, suggestions, and preferably help on designing a head (I’m still planning on adding a thumb)

It’s 624 faces right now

Thanks for any help

p.s. should I make a higher poly head (like 400 faces or something) and attach it to the body, and hide the seam under the shirt, or design it into the current model?

Here is one with a head and textured body:

edit: He has 1052 polys

Attachments

My suggestion: look at some human anatomy images, and maybe put one in the background while modeling, to get more realistic proportions.

I’ve looked up some proportions and messed around a bit:

Its better than nothin i like your human model !!!
I think that it would suit the gameplay

Nice work bro !!

Fred/K.S

Here is a picture of him in the game (I have not rigged him yet)

Thanks for the comment- didn’t see it because I still had the window up (and it wasn’t reloaded)

Looks awesome ey did you know that we use a game engine that blends our games so well it looks good already bro !!!
Awesome work !!! How long did it take you to do this?

The shadows make it look legit , thats one thing my Games suffer from propper high Resolution shadows !!!

Fred/K.S

The character probably took less than an hour, and each house and the stone pathways took probably under 2 hours, the other assets probably take 30-40 minutes and I don’t remember for the chicken. (Hand painting the assets is what takes the most time).

Currently that character probably will not be the main character- either he is a merchant or a town guard.

My next goals include more items around the town (lights, pots, stables, other merchants shops- and I am in the process of making another house)

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions

Fredstash

p.s. I didn’t really do anything with the shadow, it’s just what blender gave me (I believe)

The character has definitely improved a lot! Maybe you can give his shoulder area some more attention. This part and the hands are the only thing that look odd.

thank you for the help; I will see what I can do.

I’m not sure what to do with the hands, but I messed with the shoulders a bit, and here is a pot I made (if the pot is terrible don’t worry about saying anything, because it took like 10 minutes to make)

I’m going to work on the merchant hut/stand next.

Fredstash

Here is the merchant stall (I can easily recolor the stall). This is a weapons merchant, and I’m not making weapons yet, so his stall is empty.

This is just another stall. I just wanted to state that the current terrain is just for showcase purposes, and I’m going to design some new terrain later.

The sun is in the wrong place for shadows right now, and I’m planing on making more merchants characters, so they are not all the same.