Flamethrower by Godzilla
and Flare gun ^^- by dpixeel

So here’s what I got as reference:

Hope this pushes through!

Attachments

Cool, I like it, Got any close ups?..

Nice, I hope we will see him/her soon. I wish you good luck. :slight_smile:

Started making the head…

Does anyone know how to project the textures from the reference pics to the head? :smiley:

Attachments

Sorry dude I thought the pics were your model Im tired and get discombobilatedddddddd sometimes:) to project textures you have to uv unwrap and then project from view in the uv menu. you can merge the side with the front texture. Im tired dude sorry, but there is a good video tutorial that explains really well how to merge side with front. i will find link tommorrow i you want. I think its the apricot project uv tutorial. google it. hope i helped…SLEEP TIME…

Update:

Learned a lot about modeling hands here…

Wireframe WEEEE!!!

I has a problem though…see the gas meter and the air filter? It has some weird stuff going on…how do I fix this?

Attachments

Hi,

Your model is nice until now. Carefull for hands,you have some triangles I think.
For the air-filter and the meter, you could simply add somme loops like you did in front of the mouth. Think to check the normals too (CTRL+N in edit mode).

Nice job, hold on, I’ll follow this.

Update!
He/She is complete and now rigged!
edit:
what are them squares doing in the shadows? they look too sharp… Anyway to fix’em?

Time for texture work…
I’ll try what ALLEYCAT suggested…hmm how do I merge these two views?:eyebrowlift2:

Attachments

Here is the link to the tutorial, its like 30 min and is doing a realistic head but it shows you how to merge the front uv with the side uv with no creases, good stuff to know
http://www.vimeo.com/1377005?pg=embed&sec=1377005

Wow thanks ALLEYCAT! This solved my problem…TEXTURE TIME!!!

Wow…that made it SUPER EASY! Thanks again ALLEYCAT! Your the best(also the french guy who made the tut…is he french?)!

RAWR!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I soooo happy now

Attachments

Very good my friend, fast too… Very glad I could help…

yaay TF2 :slight_smile: makes me want to play tonight after work :slight_smile:

Great model, but the textures deserve some extra work. Right now it’s just a diffuse map, no bumps, specular and normal maps…

Is it just me or are his ankles really skinny?

@ward7299
haha! In fact I played TF2 right after I finished the texture xD
Still has no huntsman though :smiley:
@rozmiarek
Aye…diffuse is the color right? What I’m after now is the specular map…They never really worked with me… Black is NOT shiny and White shiny shiny? It doesn’t do anything but adjust the specular from the dvar value instead of the spec value…
@TKR101010
They ARE really skinny :smiley:
I would say because of them Valve Concept Artists hehe

nice work. :slight_smile:

Aye…diffuse is the color right? What I’m after now is the specular map…They never really worked with me… Black is NOT shiny and White shiny shiny? It doesn’t do anything but adjust the specular from the dvar value instead of the spec value…

try using a .png with alpha. Make the areas that want less spec more transparent. then use ‘multiply’

anyway, i’m no expert but it’s worked for me :wink:

great model btw

Thanks mcmillanje…or Jesse :smiley:
It works! I will show my progress soon, but first I will eat pancit palabok :smiley:
http://cafecallereal.com/images/palabok.jpg
YUM!

Anyways, what I’ve been doing for the couple of days was thinking about the thread title: Meet the Pyro
I think I WILL make the Meet the Pyro xD as a fan of Team Fortress 2 though so I’m alone here :smiley:

awesome!!
if you haven’t already, you should check out the developer commentary,
i remember seeing something about the shading techniques they used (something about a rim light and shadows)