megacrash [Yeah me too]

Cativo: long time no chat! yeah i tried a smile and other things btu it just didnt work, my reference picture too had an expression just li8ke that, i felt it worked better then any other. Oh and the eyes, yeah well i am getting used to toon shading maybe heh, or i really wasnt paying attention when i was blending >_<

It’s always good chating with you, and looking @ your great stuff!
You posted on the Finished section but will you add background? btw, did you ever play the games?

:o Your perspective is defenitivelly more interesting than @ndy’s blue character for me.

Both you and @ndy show us amazing shader job. I’v just tested maya’s hypershade and highend toon shaders with software render, and i don’t see difference. Even more. At some aspects in toon shading blender is even faster and more flexible, especially if you want to configure lamp that casts shadows at toon shaded surface (try to do it with maya:).

I agree with you Wu. It’s perfect.

I have to ask LohnC for high resolution image. Do it man for us please!

Greetings!

prepares to leap frog but accidentally not make it

That sure is a nice pose. I don’t think the face seems to match that position though. Can’t really tell what she’s thinking or why she is there really. Also the red eyes and expression are a little less sexy. Does she have pupils?

Anyway, I’m curious as to how you do the background. Do you use a plane with shadow only and then change the world texture or is it some other method?

:o

how can you create this while you’re not paying attention?

Wow, I am starting to really like the anime images created with Blender. A lot of talented people here.

I agree with theANIMAL about the “must be more realistic” crits. It’s a trap 3D CG people tend to fall in to. Not everything has to be passable as “real”. There’s no other art medium in which we complain about that.

I disagree about the eyes. It looks like she’s peering this way from under her helmet. Not actually having a little black dot somewhere in the middle of the eyes has nothing to do with the appearance of life.

I have to agree about that shadow. Also, that thing at her feet has no obvious reason for being there in this picture.

I love the composition: the combination of calm and tension in the image. You have that nice big white space off to the left and she’s leaning right into it --right to the edge. Adding some cheesy smile would completely break the moment in time.

IMNSH $0.3.

LohnC kept the character pretty close to his reference image, his effort is obvious in every part of the render and clearly shows that he has absolutely mastered these highend techniques. =)
everything you see there is indeed based on his reference image. wow!
[for my part, only managed to follow the reference loosly, since i’m not that much into anime modeling… just to clarify]

.andy

That thing at the feet, is actually Crashmans weapon. You see in the games, he would throw that thing, and it would be pegged into a wall/floor, then explode in multiple blasts

I’ve not seen the ref. sorry. :slight_smile:

Just as a stand-alone pic I think it would be better without…

Thanks for telling me what it was though!

thanks for the nice replies and conspiracy!! nothing more fun to see :wink:

heheh, though, seriously, BurtS: highend rocks man i should use maya!

well, im back home now from holland, just got back, so finally i might add some post pro to the image, which i always like doing, i dont think ive posted a pure blender render in about 2 years O_O

heh, ah well, probably all ill add is that shadow… oh wait blendermax made my picture for me already :wink:

</jetlagged exuse me being really a bit crazy ;)>

now sleep! ill have a post pro’d version up soon if i get the inspiration to do so =)

just to finalize this silly fun pic, added small title and some colour correct back home.

http://homepages.picknowl.com.au/leewj/crashweb.jpg

=D

I really like the shader, it’s inches away of looking truelly drawn…instead of still reaking a bit of cell shaded CG style.

That ground shadow looks odd to me. Maybe it’s just late. It looks like the light is coming from the right hence the shadow projects to the left of the model’s feet. But the direction of the shadow is to the right i.e. the shadow of her head is to the right.

Also there seems to be a shadow to the right of the object on the floor coming from somewhere.

That does look cool. Like the technique they used in the Appleseed Movie.
It was like Anime, but in 3D. Yet, and not the super obvious kind where everything looks better, and has more depth than the characters.

Such a great image. Totally nailed that shader, this could pass for CG art or comicbook art in any context.