Megadeth Logo

I’ve just heard the newest cd of my beloved band Megadeth, named ‘The System Has Failed’ (due to be released in September) and felt like modeling the Megadeth logo. I was aiming at the Countdown to Extinction one. It ain’t got that alike because these are true reflections and each letter features in the others’ shading so the result ain’t that smooth. Anyway it was fun to do.

Rendered with AO for the horizon reflections at 2048 and downscaled to 1024:
http://mayan.no-ip.org/blenderart/megadeth.jpg

Wireframe (I had to subdivide it a bit more at some areas so the reflection could get more accurate):
http://mayan.no-ip.org/blenderart/megashot.jpg

I don’t know the band, but the logo looks nice.

My only crit is that the reflections look kinda weird, but I suppose that is a result of the shape of the logo.

d_m

Yes it is. I’ve mentioned it:

It ain’t got that alike because these are true reflections and each letter features in the others’ shading so the result ain’t that smooth.

I probably would get better results by just applying a fake reflection. Maybe I’ll try just that. Anyway, C&C welcomed.

P.S. - One of these days I’ll give it a try at modeling Vic Rattlehead. Are there any other deth fans around here, anyway?

Yup, I’m listening to A Tout Le Monde right now, as a matter of fact. Looks like you did a good job with the logo. Did you use the font and then bevel it, or curves, or what? Looks like you might need to flip normals in a few places, or maybe that’s reflections, but it looks good. I just heard about The System Has Failed yesterday, and can’t wait. Glad Dave’s wrist is better and he can get back to playing guitar again. If you haven’t already, check out the new album cover art at www.mikelearn.com

Edit: A blend of Vic Rattlehead from the back of Youthanasia would be awesome.

No I didn’t. I modeled the mesh manually. No fonts, no bevels :slight_smile:
And yes, it’s reflections, though it doesn’t add up all that much.
I had already checked out mike learn’s page. Finally a traditional Megadeth cover (same as the sound, back to the roots).
About Rattlehead, there are some pictures featuring him which I like a lot. That is one of them, other is in the Countdown to Extiction, where Vic is using an abacus of skulls :wink: