Megaman to the rescue 💪

Megaman to the rescue! :muscle:

A tribute to the classic game character, inspired by an Alan Stewart drawing.

:art: metinseven.nl

45 Likes

Nice, subtle details. Love the PBR workflow. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, appreciated! :+1:

1 Like

Aaah the nostalgia. My first Megaman experience was around 1993 with Dr. Wily’s Revenge on the GameBoy. Good memories. :pray:

2 Likes

:smiley::+1:

I was a Sega guy (arcade, Megadrive, Saturn, Dreamcast), but a friend of mine had a SNES, and the Megaman games always looked great.

3 Likes

Megaman 2 was the first for me, rented from a local mom 'n pop video store back in '89.

2 Likes

Great job!

One question. You model the character directly in that pose? Or you model it straight and rig it after.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I usually model directly in the final pose, unless the character requires several poses, which is only necessary for commercial jobs. In this case it’s non-commissioned work and I’ve modeled it directly in the action pose, like Alan Stewart’s inspirational drawing:

4 Likes

I also like to model my characters in the pose. That way it usually looks more natural compared to a rigged version.
Oh and another benefit → I have to think more about anatomy, how skin wrinkles and how muscle/fat masses behave. That’s great practice. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

:+1:

Yes, I also like to study the pose and the way muscles react, although in this case it’s easy, as stylized / cartoony models require close to no muscular detail and realism, only the basic anatomical and facial features should be right (eyes in the center of the head, etc.).

3 Likes

Hahaha, really nice rendition of the original drawing. Great! I must admit Megaman and me, we just passed each other once. And yeah my old Mega Drive is also still working, bubblewrapped but working. :blush: :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks! :+1:

I haven’t got my Megadrive anymore. It was one of the consoles I had the most fun with ever. I loved Ghouls ‘n’ Ghosts and Golden Axe. :heart:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thanks Bart! Always a pleasure to be part of the roundup.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Great job, stylistic, talented work, incredible transition from 2d to 3d! Amazing to behold

1 Like

:+1::+1: Always great to see my work in the top row, I’m honored.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

I love the bizarre of your art, in this post and your entire portfolio!

1 Like

Thank you very much. I like to create images that are not just a character rendering, but I like to give it a little extra dimension, like the suggestion of a situation and/or a story behind it.

1 Like