This addon is long dead. Please use something else.
- PNG only for now. Will support other formats when I get around to it.
- No real bells or whistles yet, but it should be able to do all that the default UI does while being more comfortable to use.
- Images get saved into the specified folder. Make sure each pass has a unique suffix or the previous image will be overwritten. Also, nothing happens in the UI to confirm the bake was successful and this is normal (for now). Just look in the output folder.
- If you add multiple lowpoly/hipoly pairs, they will all be baked in sequence to the same image. This is intentional. If you wish to bake more textures, add more bake jobs
- In some places the scene is hardcoded, so don’t change or rename your scene from “Scene”. I’ll clean this up eventually, but there’s stuff I need to add first.
- There are no sanity checks in place yet. Make sure your hipolys are on visible layers, your cages have the same topology as your lowpolys and they’re unwrapped, your cage is not blocking AO rays, etc. You don’t need a material on the lowpoly though
- Report bugs to the issue tracker on github. Or here. But I’d prefer there. If you post there, I’ll be emailed, and maybe I’ll fix it faster
- I don’t think there’s much there that could break anything, but it’s probably a good idea to back up your production files before using this addon with them anyway.
- Feedback welcome. Patches welcome. Criticism welcome.
Roadmap, in no particular order, with no particular schedule:
- image formats other than png
- vertex groups for lowpolys
- material overrides
- memory use reduction
- antialiasing (unless it gets added as a core function first) done
- material ID pass
- curvature pass (if I can get it to work well)
- custom passes
- (06.08.2014) Added ability to toggle individual pairs, passes and jobs on and off.
- (01.01.2015) Added antialiasing, AO secondary ray environment options. Margins now respect island boundaries even with multiple hipoly/lowpoly pairs.