Memory lane: my first humble 3D model

This is the one that tought me Blender.
(appart from the tutes)

Funny thing is that I had an ideal set of views for reference (top, front, side) but I didn’t know you could load them into Blender to use as templates, so I eye-balled it! :slight_smile:

Pretty cool. A suggestion - some of the corners are a little too sharp…rounding them off a little would make them look more realistic. Once you add textures, this should look very nice.

On 2002-03-24 13:16, overextruded wrote:

Pretty cool. A suggestion - some of the corners are a little too sharp…rounding them off a little would make them look more realistic. Once you add textures, this should look very nice.

Thanks.
Yeah, eventially I’ll go back and re-vamp the whole thing and finnish it. The propotions could be better too.

Nice, really nice!

For inserting “buleprints” in blender to do the model there is the way, but I really can’t remember, and the old community is down… but if you ask in the Q&A forum maybe…

Stefano

Thank you

Yes, Background Pic:

(shift+F7/BackgroundPic/Load/select image file/Load/shift+F5)

sure would have helped me then.

You can also go to shaded mode and UV map a set of 3 perpendicular planes with the 3 views.
This gives you a blueprint in each view.

These are the only ways that I know.
Anyone know other meathods?

Neato… I actually think the dimensions of your model are better than some of the other Enterprise meshes I’ve seen around…

Of course, maybe I’m prejudiced… I’m a Classic Trek Man (not that I don’t like any other… ;).
Keep up the good work man, I’d love to see more.

jason

Cool,
Hey I have a brother named Jason!