[MENU] SnapSet 2.79 / 2.8 / 3.0

Update SnapSet to version 3.0

download from github
new: menus for pie menu

The settings > Addon Preferences / Menus / Context Menus: Use Pie

4 Likes

Cool. Is this the maximum customization that the user can do in this add-on (is it possible to disable specific menu items)? Or are there restrictions on disabling menu items?
__

Is it possible to make so that after activating the function PlaceM, the selected object moves to the mouse cursor?

I can add on/off check boxes for the menus, but for the PlaceM i don´t know how to do this.
You can better define the starting point when you use it with a shortcut or start it from a normal menu.

Is it possible to make the object automatically move to the cursor?

1 Like

hey mkbreuer, I am just not using this tool and it’s amazing! Thanks so much for making it. I was wondering if you have any plans to include ‘project individual elements’, ‘edge center’, or ‘edge perpendicular’ to the options at any point? Would love to get to use them w/ this. Thanks again!

Yes! I will completly update this to 2.81…

@ Xmaiter
sorry: for the moment i don´t now how to do that…

2 Likes

Aw man you just made my day! Can’t wait :smiley: !

Sorry to bug you again, but i figure you’re the only snapping expert I know. Do you understand the rhyme or reason of blender’s “rotate to faces” snapping mode when it comes to where it places snapped object’s local X and Y axes?

I get that if my object center is on the bottom of the object, it will stick to a face as expected–matching the snapped object’s local Z axis to the snapped surface’s normal. What I don’t understand is how it chooses its other axes relative to the face it’s stuck on. Like, sometimes the XY align as expected, sometimes it’s crooked or at a random rotation. Kinda random but was wondering and thought I’d ask!

Can you show me an example?
Tip: it could be useful to enable the bounds box in the objetc properties.

Update Halftime Preview v 2.81 (snapset in setting has different layouts versions) :

todo: fixing other layout types & new icons

3 Likes

Version for 2.81 not ready yet?

Just making some last arrangments for the different layout types…
On the weekend…

2 Likes

Here is the addon for 2.81 testing, before i add it to github:
test snapset_v2.7 for 2.81
ToDo: icons…
Every suggestions are welcome!

1 Like

Failed> adding align object to aligned cursor preset to…

1 Like

mkbreuer can you provide the download link for the latest version? Thanks

I added SnapSet v2.7 and AlignMesh v0.1 to Github!

New: mirror tools for the snapset pie menu

Let me know if anything is missing!

1 Like

Update SnapSet v2.8
< fix for panel menu and some registries

1 Like

did you have version 2.9, and now 2.7 again? For 2.81, what is the current version?

I can’t activate the pie menu

You find the download links for all versions in the first post.
Also on github > https://github.com/mkbreuer/ToolPlus
Don´t use the links under Popular Links! They are not actually.

Change the hotkey in the addon preference: Menus > Context Menu: Key (Custom)
If it´s has no effect: restart blender.