Addon to change the pivot and snap functions at the same time,
with modal and full customizable presets.
New Update 0.2.9 for 2.81a
- added new edge snap elements and custom orientation
- addon updater integretion and new github repository
- github: https://github.com/mkbreuer/view3d_snapset/releases
- download: https://github.com/mkbreuer/view3d_snapset/releases/download/0.2.9/view3d_snapset.zip
Some hints / Addon Preferences:
the 6 main buttons A, B, C, D, E, F allows to change name, icon or the snap settings.
The name represent with wich default settings they work.
button M = Modal adds by default the hotkey [F] to the preferences keymap.
It allows to keep the modal close to the selection, when running.
Blender need therefore a restart or it has no effect.
the 3 modal buttons GridM, PlaceM and RetopoM in Editmode are not changable.
The name indicates how they work.
The execution depends on the position of the mouse pointer.
Panels and Menus are similar.
Each button can be hidden in the addon preferences.
The Panel allows also to disable the text for the buttons,
to use a menu instead of buttons and to switch the layout direction.
From there it is also fast to add some single functions to a shortcut or to the quick menu [Q]
Special Menu is the default editor menu with hotkey [W].
When enabled it adds a menu to the top or to the bottom of the menu.
Context or Pie Menu has by default hotkey [SHIFT+W].
- The toggle emboss function are only for the pie menu.
- By default the active snap and pivot function have a transparent backround.
- Auxiliary Addons are only available in the pie menu
Adding Buttons, Menu or Overlay-Panel to the Header
The positin of the menu in the header ist depends to the viewing header option.
Disable ‘Show Tool Settings’ or ‘Show Menu’ to position it to the header center.
Rightclick on a header menu > Header > …Options
Adding Buttons or Menu into Header / Snap Setting
- Custom Icons are the icons in the addons icon folder.
They can be exchanged with own designed ones.
For internal icons: just open the icon-reference-sheets
Attention: the icon names have always to be written as capitalization.
2.77 / 2.79
Link to the github repository: