Menus inconsistent - slight alteration please

Can we please add the top submenu “Quick Links” to “New Posts” page?

Sometimes when I’m browsing through all the threads I find myself on the “New Posts” page and then inadvertently hit “Mark Forums Read” because it’s in the usual position for what I’m looking for, which would be “Quick Links > Subscribed Threads”. I do not want to mark forums as read because it means I miss updates to what I’ve been following.

I should read more carefully I know… but this is one of those UI things where I’ve seen the menus so many times I overlook the difference occasionally before I’ve realised the pages aren’t consistent. (D’oh!)

Bump - can we please update the “New Posts” menu so that it has sub menus which are consistent with those in “Private Messages”, “FAQ”, “Calendar”, “Community”, “Forum Actions” and “Quick Links”? They supposedly all stem from the “Forum” branch and should be the same. Annoying to accidentally quickly hit “mark all read” where I’m expecting subscribed threads" to be in the after the New Posts menu.

Bad website navigation to have to go round in circles.

This should be an easy change. From line 84 downwards change the following…

<ul id=“navtabs” class=“navtabs floatcontainer”>
<li><a class=“navtab” href=“index.php”>Forum</a></li>
<ul class=“floatcontainer”>
<li><a href=“search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post”>New Posts</a></li>
<li><a href=“search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_SocialGroupMessage”>New Group Messages</a></li>
<li><a href=“search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Event”>New Events</a></li>
<li><a href=“forumdisplay.php?do=markread&markreadhash=$SESSIONKEY”>Mark Forums Read</a></li>
</ul>

…to be rewritten as…

<ul id=“navtabs” class=“navtabs floatcontainer”>
<li class=“selected”><a class=“navtab” href=“index.php”>Forum</a>
<ul class=“floatcontainer”>
<li><a href=“search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post”>New Posts</a></li>
<li><a href=“private.php” rel=“nofollow”>Private Messages</a></li>
<li><a rel=“help” href=“faq.php” accesskey=“5”>FAQ</a></li>
<li><a href=“calendar.php”>Calendar</a></li>
<li class=“popupmenu”>
<a href=“javascript://” class=“popupctrl” accesskey=“6”>Community</a>
<ul class=“popupbody popuphover”>
<li><a href=“album.php”>My Albums </a></li>
<li><a href=“profile.php?do=buddylist”>Friends & Contacts</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
<li class=“popupmenu”>
<a href=“javascript://” class=“popupctrl”>Forum Actions</a>
<li>
<a href=“forumdisplay.php?do=markread&markreadhash=$SESSIONKEY”>Mark Forums Read</a>
</li>
<li>
<a href=“profile.php?do=editoptions”>General Settings</a>
</li>
<li>
<a href=“profile.php?do=editprofile”>Edit Profile</a>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li class=“popupmenu”>
<a href=“javascript://” class=“popupctrl” accesskey=“3”>Quick Links</a>
<li><a href=“search.php?do=getdaily&contenttype=vBForum_Post”>Today’s Posts</a></li>
<li><a href=“subscription.php” rel=“nofollow”>Subscribed Threads</a></li>
<li><a href=“javascript://” onclick=“window.open(getBaseUrl() + ‘misc.php?do=buddylist&focus=1’,‘buddylist’,‘statusbar=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=250,height=300’); return false;”>Open Contacts Popup</a></li>
<li><a href=“showgroups.php” rel=“nofollow”>
View Forum Leaders
</a></li>
<li><a href=“online.php”>Who’s Online</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>

As a side note, there is an </li> at this point (just after the above) with no preceeding <li>

Fantastic! It looks like you’ve fixed this with the new theme update. Now I’m not going to keep accidentally hitting the top-right link (which is quick links, what I am usually after) and instead, accidentally marking off all as read.

Much more usable this way - thank you! :smiley: