Mercenary's Quest-NEW VIDEO!!! CHECK FIRST POST!!!

Mercenary’s Quest

Basic Plot…

You are a warlord, you escape from a prison and become a mercenary. you start a new life in a town full of thugs and killlers and stuff and you have to kill to survive. im hoping there will be npc’s that will give you quests to complete for money and items to help you kill the other players. the game is going to be realtime combat, so its not like you click ur opponent and wait for him to die, you have to have some skill.

TEAM:
votrem- Lead Art Director/Executive Producer/Lead Animator/Lead Rigger/Lead Modeler/Web Developer/Graphic Designer/Music Producer/Marketing Lead
Artharos- Lead Programmer/Modeler/Texturer/Graphic Designer
the _ creator- Modeler/Writer(Ideas)/Marketing

I am requesting the help of some experienced game engine users.
I started a topic about the project but havent got much response from people and im running into a few problems, it is very promising so far though, and especially if i get some help from a few more people

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127739

I am trying to gather a few coders to help set up a decent npc system, health/combat system, and inventory for the game there are many other things that i plan to accomplish. here is a list of goals that I am trying to complete: All modeling, animating, and texturing will be done by me, any help with coding is appreciated. Also, I plan on creating a professional website for this with paid hosting if the game is high quality, all people involved will be named in the credits with a bio about each person

MODELING

Characters:

Warrior (M): DONE
Warrior (F): DONE
Archer (M): DONE
Archer (F):
Mage (M): DONE
Mage (F):
Monk (M):
Sister (F):

NPC’S:

City Guard:
Arena Guard:
Advisor:

Enemies:

Goblin:
Ghost:
Prison Soldiers:

Environment:

Ground: DONE
Buildings:

Prison:

Arena: DONE
Trees: DONE
Fire:
Skybox:
Market Stall: DONE
Shack:

Weapons:

Mage Staff:
Sword:
Scimitar:
Spear:

Shields:

Wooden:
Mage Book:

TEXTURING

Warrior (M):
Warrior (F):
Archer (M):
Archer (F):
Mage (M):
Mage (F):
Monk (M):
Sister (F):
City Guard:
Arena Guard:
Advisor:
Goblin:
Ghost:
Prison Soldiers:
Dirt Ground:
Snowy Ground:
Grass Ground:
Buildings:
Arena: DONE
Trees:
Fire:
Skybox:
Market Stall:
Shack:
Sword:
Scimitar:
Spear:
Wooden:
Mage Book:

RIGGING

Warrior (M):
Warrior (F):
Archer (M):
Archer (F):
Mage (M):
Mage (F):
Monk (M):
Sister (F):
City Guard:
Arena Guard:
Advisor:
Goblin:
Ghost:
Prison Soldiers:

ANIMATION

Characters:

Run:
Jump:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Defend:
Eat:
Activate:
Die:
Hit:

NPC’S:

City Guard:
Arena Guard:
Advisor:

Enemies:

Goblin:
Ghost:
Prison Soldiers:

PROGRAMMING

WEBSITE

Homepage:
Forums:

CURRENT PICTURES

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/9843/uiws9.png
New user interface

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/1320/arenawv2.jpg
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/1320/arenawv2.470757f407.jpg
Arena mesh completed, Texture completed votrem

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4622/picture9hp9.jpg

Basically guys what I am asking for is to start a really good game with blender. I see a lot of teams forming on this forum and they develop some nice content but I want to take it a step further, all I need is some support because I know you guys have a lot of talent.

Seems you got quite alot of work to do here, I can see why you’re after a team. I’d be happy to put a little time into it if you wish, while i’m not doing bits and peices on Another Realm.

I can do most things really, not so good with Python (Just finished reading Python for Dummies :stuck_out_tongue: )

I can do some world modelling and creatures. I could do some AI with at least one other guy (makes it easier) and I can do concpet art, so, stick me where you want me (remember, part time :smiley: )

Edit I can also build a website if you want, the Another Realm website (See Sig) is a bad idea of what I can do, if you care to look :stuck_out_tongue: Edit

LOL im reading python for dummies too lol, i got it from the library the other day, and sure, i could use some help on the AI, but i havent started any of the enemies yet, i was thinking sub human goblin barbarian type…? if that exists lol… also, another realm is said to be online…? if you could somehow, with the help of your own team and I put this online that would be incredible, because i could put it on the website once i start it.

yes, Another Realm (once done) is 99.9% certain to be online :smiley: as a matter of fact, I did an online test on the demo with my friend yesterday successfully. Anyway, I like that kind of monster, very fun to kill :stuck_out_tongue: so, yes, I will help as much as I can.

cool, and thanks, i sent you a .blend, if we could get this game online i would have a digital orgasm :o did i really just say that?

Lol, I’ll do the best I can…we just need some more ‘Team’

yeah, i kinda just started this project like 2 weeks ago…so yeah i need to start recruiting big time. At first my main focus was to have great visuals and decent gameplay but now im learning more and more and taking this more seriously, so i cant just do it all on my own

you learn that don’t you :stuck_out_tongue: Unfortuanetly for me, I’m the only guy in my tiny team for AR that can do all the logic and that kinda stuff, so i’m basically doing everything. most of the people in the group don’t know what blender is -.- as they were just shoved into the group coz they werent in one. But anyway, I seem to manage fine…somehow.
But that’s enough of me for now

arth, did you use Bzoo? or your own script? And during the test what was your framerate?

I did use Bzoo for the test but we may use our own server for finished game.

Frame rate :confused: don’t know, sorry, didn’t check

well, that question simplifies to: did it go smoothly, or did it jerk around?

im also thinking of making different characters to choose from to give the player variety if it ever becomes an online game, still searching for more team members to help out tho

Curlystraw: I used it as an .exe file and, well, ran perfectly :smiley:

Votrem: Great Idea :slight_smile:

Art, do you know how to make a simple inventory? im thinking of making some pickup items

Well, I’d say I do, and could easily work out what I don’t know about it. So, yeah, I guess I do.

it probably wont be many pickups because i want this to be kinda fast paced somewhat, i actually think i might be able to make a simple inventory using ace24’s pickup tutorial, also i want to start modeling the different buildings, well need a prison, a small town and a large open area where most combat will take place

Ok, if you find you don’t want to, just give us a call :slight_smile:

read my pm, basically what im thinking is, to finish this game up, then make a totally new game for online, and that one will be more customizable where u can change the gender, skin,color, class ect…i think it would be more marketable that way so that everyone in the game wont look the same, but i will need some feedback on this idea because i dont know how difficult it would be to incorporate that into BZOO

Well, as I said in the pm I sent, that’s what we’re doing in Another realm, and, it’s not exactly quick and easy.

oh alright, good idea, actually it makes sense that there would be an offline option cuz sometimes peoples internet goes down on eternal lands and they cant play same with runescape