Merging Faces

Hi. Lets say I have two faces next to each other that are connected by a row of vertecies down the middle. To connect them, I have been deleting the middle verticies and using the F key to connect the outside verticies together. Is there a way that I can just select the two faces and do a kind of merge that automatically deletes the middle verticies and combining the faces into one? Thanks.

-Laurifer

Hi, there are two methods among many that I find work well.

Either select one vert, press Shift S for snap menu, select Cursor to selected. Then select vert of other face, press Shift S again and select Selected to cursor. Then select all and remove doubles.

Other method is verts are directly opposite, ie mirror modeled, select the verts on both parts of the mesh in a line using B key, use S to scale but press z or x or y key to constrain direction of scaling ( x in front view, z in side view, y in top view) if you hold CTRL key you can scal to 0. This will align all verts, then use remove doubles to join.

There are many other methods including the one you have already tried.

Hope this makes sense,

Sonix.

Thanks! I was really wondering if there was a function that did this, but these are fine! I also just wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing it some really absurd way.

-Laurifer

Sonix’s first approach can also be done by:

Select one vert, press Shift S for snap menu, select Cursor to selected. Then SHIFT select vert of other face, press Alt_M -> Merge > At Cursor.
Repeat.

Oh… ok. Thanks!

-Laurifer