Merging two objects

I’m currently a rather simple model to be used in Doom3. It is a baroque (more or less) piano stool. I just created the foor foot of it, and now I have the problem that I need to merge them into one object to create the seat place. Since I use this for Doom 3 the object should be one single mesh, instead of multiples. So I thought I could just select the vertices of two of them and use the FKEY to create an edge and a face between them. From there on I could easily continue with extrude. But the problem is that I can only select vertices from one object, and not from two, since they are individual meshes.
So how can I create a connection between them or merge them into a real single mesh?

I know that I can parent objects so that they act as a single object, but this is not what I mean.

Select 'em both, press Ctrl+J.

Thx! :slight_smile:

I wonder, I bought the Blender 2.3 Guide, but when I look there in the index under Merge, then this is not mentioned. Only the merge entry in the WKEY menu, which is not really helpfull.

Edit: Now that I know the key, I looked it up and it’s there but under Join. Well, I could have thought of that myself, but as a non-native speaker I only thought of Merge. :slight_smile: