Mermaid [Upd. 09-09-04 bottom p. 1]

the tail looks much better now - perfect as far as I consider. but I think the hair could use improvment - imho it looks like barb wires… it not fllowing and light like real hair… but than again you might wanted that effect.

Beautiful work so far, Stefano!

I like the style of the hair, the only think that looks strange to me is the direction of the curls, I think they could be randomised a bit more - but I guess you positioned them intentionally.

Did you look at www.imageafter.com for fish scales? Just enter ‘fish’ in their search field…

I’m really looking forward to see her textured.

Thanx Hippie, Modron,

[b]BgDM Thanx, but I unwrapped it when it was stright (pretty easy) and then posed it :stuck_out_tongue:

Jimww Very nice scketches! Thanx a lot, I’d go for the left one, I prefear to have the torso bend laterally, it is more dinamic, IMHO, and final shot will be almost frontal. Head will be posed too, later, it is just more painfull to pose since hairs eyes etc are separate meshes… and bodi is not rigged :slight_smile:

env I’ll post it! Not today, not tomorrow… I won’t be home next week, so maybe next update can be foreseen on 20/09.

@nerLet’s put it this way, I would have liked more flowing/soft hairs, but hair s are modeled one by one and UV-mapped so that I can place a hair map on tham later (Hair are made with BAG, by the way :slight_smile: )more ‘realistic’ hair would have been unaffordable both at a mesh and a modelling level. Current ones are a nice compromise between simplicity and stylish look (I hope)

Anyway, they will surely be tweaked a little more, they need some lateral ondulation, like the body!

Thoro If she were static curls would have been much more random, buut she’s swimming and the flow tends to keep curls coplana (maybe :slight_smile: )

Thanx for tex links, I’m browsing tham! Sadly I haven’t found anything I can use, yet. And I will have to create a bumpmap, anyway…

Stefano

You could try the scale.dll texture plugin; I used it for the foolfishes in the Bongo image and it worked quite well, but you could use it to obtain a texture image to map the tail…

Env

Mmmm… this makes sense :slight_smile:

Stefano

You could use a lattice on the hair. Probably easier than tweaking.