Mesh Licences

Sorry if this topic is in the wrong section; I though that Blender General was about as good as any others, though.
I have been doing some modeling, and would like to eventually like to post my results online somewhere. I was wondering: how important is the license that you attach to it? I read the Blender Artistic License, and was not completely happy with it. I would not mind just putting my work under the GPL license, but I get afraid that someone else will come along, grab the mesh, and post it on their site, only giving me credit in the fine print, or something like that. Is it OK just to write your own license? Are the chances of anything bad happening so small that it is not even really worth putting a license on the mesh?
Any insights would be greatly apprecited.

The chances of something really bad happening, depend upon the quality of your work… If your work is awsome, it is certain that someone would want to steal it…

But I don’t think you need to licence your work…

If you really don’t want others to steal your work, a simple copyright notice, should be enough I think…

You might want to check out Creative Commons. I use the Creative Commons ShareAlike License for my models. Their licenses are geared more towards content (songs, text, images, etc) rather than code, so they seem to be a good idea for Blender Models.

They actually have a few different licenseswith varying degrees of restrictions. What they do is ask you a set of questions about your content and about the types of restrictions you would like, then they choose one for you. It’s all done on the web, so it might be worth a look.