Mesh Mirroring?

EDIT: I just discovered linked duplicates. Sorry :frowning:

Sorry if the answer is simple, but here is my problem.

I want to to have the mesh of one object mirror the mesh of another object. I’m working on something which will require lots of rotating, and rather than manually setting the rotation of my mesh back and forth each time so I can make consistent edits, I want to create another object which will mirror the changes made to the mesh of the first object (that way I can change the entire object’s orientation and it will properly reflect the changes to the mesh in a rotated state).

I’ve been fooling around with the constraints and modifiers for the past hour, but there doesn’t seem to be anything that accomplishes this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for reading :slight_smile:

I don’t know if this is what you want but try this :

• you have your original object in Object Mode, select it and press ALT+D to create a “Linked Duplicate” of that object (different from using SHIFT+D that is for regularly duplicating an object)

• still in object mode, move and rotate the linked duplicate where you want

• now every single change you’ll do in -Edit Mode- to one of the object will be automatically made on the other.

• while every change you’ll do in -Object Mode- will be applied to the object you selected.

If at some point you don’t want any change occuring in edit mode to one object happening to the other object(s), select the object you want to “unlink” and press U -> Object&Data&Material&Texture (or click on Object -> Make Single User -> Object&Data&Material&Texture)

edit : oh, just noticed you edited and found already about linked duplicates