Mesh not following the parented rig no matter what i do

hi guys! as you can see when i parent the rig to the character mesh and try to move it the mesh just doesn’t follow the rig and the rig moves separately. need help :frowning:

it’s blender 3.2.1

That is totally normal.
Rig is not supposed to be the child of mesh.
Rig is supposed to be the parent of mesh.

1 Like

You have to do the opposite

1 Like

oops sorry! i fixed it but it’s still moving separetely, i’m uploading another video showing the issue

oops sorry! i fixed it but it’s still moving separetely, here’s the new topic with the new video:

hi, i fixed it but the mesh is till moving separately, uploaded a video showing the issue on a new topic:

Hello!
Notice an error message flashing at the bottom of the screen, when you’re trying to assign Auto Weights: “Bone heat weighting failed…”

One of the common reasons for this one are double vertices or overlapping geomety in the mesh (try selecting all vertices in the mesh and M > “Merge by Distance”).
Alternatively sometimes it’s because the mesh is too small (try scaling it up if that’s the case).

We had a thread with the same problem here quite recently I think…

hi guys! as you can see when i parent the rig to the character mesh and try to move it the mesh just doesn’t follow the rig and the rig moves separately. need help :frowning:

it’s blender 3.2.1

Looks like mesh has to many polygons, and automatic weight does not work because of to many vertices. You need your original mesh to make low-res mesh with decimate modifier.
and in that way you lower the number of vertices in the mesh.
Chose
Modifier decimate->planar-> UVS
to obtain mesh without deformation.
This works fine for me.

Here is the video about decimate modifier

A few solutions: Bone Heat Weighting error in Blender

Other way is described in the YouTube video

Resolve bone heat Weighting failure in blender

in that video suggest two meshes, one original and other low poly.
Low poly mesh parent to the rig, and transfer data from that mesh to the original hig density mesh.
But I did not explore that method.

1 Like

i’ll try this out!

ohhh thx!! i’ll try it tonight ant tell you if it works or not!

i just changed the scale and it got fixed xD until that nothing worked!! lolll thank you sooooo much you saved my life!!

1 Like