/MeshLint/ - "Like a Spell-Checker for your Meshes"

Hi,
I tried to run the script with blender 2.64 but the menu isn’t visible (I also filddled with the blinfo params but with no luck).

This is my log:
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘edges_U’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘edges_V’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘cyclic_cross’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘cyclic_follow’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘loops_on_strokes’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘automatic_join’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘join_stretch_factor’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_struct_ui_text: ‘GPENCIL_OT_surfsk_add_surface’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_struct_ui_text: ‘GPENCIL_OT_surfsk_edit_strokes’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_struct_ui_text: ‘CURVE_OT_surfsk_reorder_splines’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_struct_ui_text: ‘CURVE_OT_surfsk_first_points’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘SURFSK_cyclic_cross’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘SURFSK_cyclic_follow’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘SURFSK_keep_strokes’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘SURFSK_automatic_join’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘SURFSK_loops_on_strokes’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !
RNA_def_property_ui_text: ‘SURFSK_precision’ ‘’ description ends with a ‘.’ !

I have a request for this great addons

• add different color when lint selection for tris, ngons, nonmanifold, interior face, vertex poles etc…
    it is possible to colorize those component
    ant thanks for this greit addons

What exactly are “6+edge poles”
I assume that “interior faces” refer to faces that are inside a mesh’s “shell” like if someone accidently put face or faces inside Suzanne.

Hi, I had a script that did something similar years ago, but great to see you’ve written one for 2.6x.

suggest adding checks for:

• verts with no face/edges using them. (free standing verts)
  • edges with no faces using them (wire edges)
  • zero area faces
  • zero length edges — both need some user controlled threshold (0.00001 or so default).
  • vertices with NAN/INF locations, vert locations that don’t pass pythons math.isfinite() test.
  • concave faces (maybe you’re OK with quads/ngons but concave faces may give issues)

in this thread are useful information about Modeling debug view some good ideas this guy mention blender edge color reference.:eyebrowlift:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?122617-Critical-View&p=1184863#post1184863

Great Stuff posted by “probiner”
The “Topology color code” or “mesh debug view” would minimize modelling errors. Awesome!
Would love to see similar features in blender.

Sorry for reviving this thread, but Mesh Lint gives an error with 2.77:

/uploads/default/original/4X/4/c/b/4cbc938e817ec1b6ad804a8f4d784cb0b1260817.pngstc=1

Also wondering, is there a way to check a whole scene for objects with issues? It’s painful to have to check objects one by one to check them, when 99% of your scene is clean.

Attachments

hi, I have it working in here: https://github.com/meta-androcto/downloads/raw/master/AF_measure_tools.zip
install from file, activate & in addons factory, enable & mesh lint & a couple of other tools are enabled

Thanks for your help, Meta-Androcto. I’m discovering your Addon Factory, amazing work!

EDIT: Nevermind!

Hi

Don’t no why…But I have 2 Face Info / select in…Data Tap…After I installed Addon…?

Great work Thank You

Tai

Thank you for bringing it back from grave without all these nasty errors.

Would be nice if someone updated https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Modeling/MeshLint (and some other addons wikis updated after original author stopped worked on them), because it’s still leads to old github with old version.

This could be a very useful add-on. But how do I get it to show me where the problem areas are?

Oh never mind. I see how it works now.

I like!