This add-on adds a nearly ready-to-use Rigify Meta-Rig for Characters made with the Manuel Bastioni Lab add-on.
(this version is for Manuel-Bastioni-Lab and Blender 2.79 only!
See below for version for MB-Lab and 2.80)
After the installation you can find the add-on in the ManuelBastioniLAB tab.
- create and finalize a character with Manuel Bastioni Lab
- select the Armature (usually “MBlab_sk<long number>”) in Object Mode (the menu doesn’t show in Pose Mode!)
- click the button “Rigify Meta-Rig for MLAB” in the ManuelbastioniLAB tab
- set legs straight and adjust knee offset in y direction (I couldn’t get the rig to work properly without this. The knees always bend inwards.)
- also optional:
- remove face rig, if not needed
- Generate Rig (Properties > Data)
to use the weight paint from Manuel Bastioni Lab:
- select the character mesh
- exchange the armature object (Properties > Modifiers)
- click the button “MLAB to Rigify” in the ManuelbastioniLAB tab
Rigify must not be in Legacy Mode! see this post
PS: This is my first add-on. I hope you find it useful.
This add-on for MB-Lab for Blender 2.80: