Metal Run

A Little Run Cycle on a Robot…
Metal_Run
enjoy…or not

8 Likes

Hello!
It’s a good start but you could improve your animation with some simple stuff.

First, the trajectory:
You should clean the trajectories. If you follow the head for exemple, you will see it’s vibrating instead of drawing a clean path. If you enable motion path on the head you will be able to see the trajectory and correct that aspect. Don’t hesitate to do the same on every part of the body.

Second, respect gravity:
On the pelvis, it’s to slow when it goes up. You need a lot of energy to jump. So when he push on his leg to leave the ground it should be a lot faster. 1 or 2 frame to give the energy. He can spend more time in the air and fall down as fast as you did.

If you wish to exagerate the clunkiness of the robot. You could do sudden moves and maintain a little the pose before going to another pose. It’s hard to explain so I link you to an animation I did a while ago.
I like the rotation of the chest tho it moves, stop, move the other way, stop, etc. Good robotic feel (a little slow, you could turn it faster and stop it longer)

at 18s in the video you will see a walk cycle on a little robot. It will be a little harder to apply sudden moves like this on a run cycle because it’s much faster but it makes a more belivable robot.

anyway good job so far, keep animating !

2 Likes

Sorry i didn’t have time to clean something. i had to process climb,walk, idle etc… will try to do my best.

Well, maybe next time.

But anyway .thx for giving your time

Good work! Did u use mocap?

No. It was hand crafted.

1 Like