MetallicA

Hey all,

Just wanted to know who all was looking forward to the new MetallicA album comming out this spring, in May i think. I know i is!!! :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

i like metallica but had to vote no

maybe because i was not looking foward to it
but not “not looking foward to it”

i don’t mind either way

cds cost so much here

$30-$45 here because of exchange rates

Well I love Metallica, but they have gotten too commercial and mellowed out in their older age. No that they are getting bad, I like most of the stuff, but they can’t write another “One”, or “Ride the Lightning” tune anymore. Those were the best.

I am actually looking forward to getting the album from Jason Newstead’s new group. Can’t remember the name though.

Still love Metallica and can’t wait to hear some of it.

BgDM

I agree with you there — their early stuff was the best by far.

I saw them in concert in 2000 at Candelstick Park in SF. The opening act sucked: SOAD and somebody else — garbage.

Metallica always seem to do a better show for the “home” crowd. Absolutely fantastic! I didn’t know Newstead could actually sing. My friends and I were trying to psychoanalyze the behavior of the crowd on the turf. It was weird, the closer to the main event — the more often women decided to pop their tops. Of course, beer didn’t have anything to do with it. :stuck_out_tongue: Crazy!

i think it’s the same with rage against the machine and most of the bands… The early stuff is always the best, cos they arent spoiled by all the money…

Looking forward to it anyways, cos i love metallica :smiley:

cya henrik

That’s why I love the Sex Pistols. Only twenty-some songs :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s why I love the Sex Pistols. Only twenty-some songs :wink: :P[/quote]

That’s the great thing about Cake… 4 CDs and they’re still not rich, so still not spoiled. The lead of the band tried to make enough by running an online store and selling silkscreened band t-shirts and stuff (I think his own designs, and he does the silkscreening himself). But, even after the 2nd or 3rd CD, he didn’t make enough, and had to get a job.

Though, I still wish they could make money, I love their music, and every time I heard a new Cake song on the radio I got excited knowing there was a new CD coming out soon.

Imp

That’s Echobrain

I hate how Metallica killed Napster. Ever thought that music lovers might want to hear more of the new CD before buying it? I think that I’d have sold “Drops Of Jupiter” by Train had I have not gotten it from my library and didn’t have to pay anything. There were only 2 or 3 good songs on that CD.

The least they could have done is release a couple of full songs to the public for free, but not release the majority of their songs.

My brother is excited for the new Weird Al Yankovic CD, but he hates that he’s going to have to wait a long time for it.

I love most of my CDs, but unfortunately I’ve lost them in my horribly messy room.

I started listening to Metallica just recently, mostly older stuff…I like’em. BTW they’re having a concert here in NY, along with Limp Bizkit and another band.

I started listening to Metallica just recently, mostly older stuff…I like’em. BTW they’re having a concert here in NY, along with Limp Bizkit and another band(They got pist that the drummer for Linkin park told the press about it; he’s in that ohter band I think).