Microphone Stand

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8016/micstand7qp.th.png
This is my first image post. I hope it displays okay.
I modelled this last weekend in an attempt to create my first fully poseable model in blender. I have a quick question about the cable. Is it possible to lock individual points of a curve path so that only certain sections of the cable will move when the stand is repositioned? I want to leave the cable as a curve so it can be easily rerouted for any given scene.

I dont know the solution to your problem, but I know that it is looking very good… Keep it up…

Maybe turn the sub-surf up a little on your mic, it doesnt look very smooth

alex

Try adding more vertices to your curve - especially in the bits you don’t want to move.
Good work, keep it up!

Try using bones instead of the curves. The bones will move like a chain, or rope, thus making the parented mesh move with it.

Thanks for the crits.

Try using bones instead of the curves. The bones will move like a chain, or rope, thus making the parented mesh move with it.

IK works well, but I was trying to do it without converting the cable to a mesh. I was thinking of converting the upper part of the cable to mesh for the IK chain and leave the bottom part as a curve for ease of routing. Two piece cable if you will.

Maybe turn the sub-surf up a little on your mic, it doesnt look very smooth

I agree. It definately needs refining.[/quote]