Microscope

Hi everyone, I modeled this microscope as main object of laboratory scene for a contest long time ago. It is rendered in cycles. I tried to model detailed as much as I can. I am wondering your critics and comments. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

Overall this looks quite good, the only thing that doesn’t look all that great to me is the bump on the revolving objectives ring.

Yes it looks kind of weird, I think this light setting makes it look worse than I did. Bump is too much you are right. Thanks for the comment.

Fantastic attention to detail, but yes, the bump mapping/displacement does stand out. I think on a microscope the bumps would be much more regimented, more like a grid of dots, rather than the random pattern shown in your render. I’m guessing you used a musgrave texture to generate the displacement map. I think it would be better to use an image texture.

You are definetely right it needs to be grid of dots as you said.Thanks a lot for comment I will improve next time if I need to create that kind of object.