Mielikki, The Forest Spirit

“She is said to have always roamed the forests, not fighting for, or against any forest dweller, rather keeping the balance of all living things . Many locals revere her as their guardian, hanging gifts and charms on her, surprisingly she does not seem to mind. While completely harmless to the locals, one should beware while in the forests, for it is said that she does not miss any arrows for those who she sets her sight upon”.
This is an original, realtime character that i had so much fun creating, from its earliest concept to the final renders, it was a huge learning experience and i am very poud of the work i have produced, hope you like it!
i drew inspiration from the film Pan’s Labyrinth, while going for a super stylized look. All textures were hand painted.

Full prject here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PmKXe1

51 Likes

very nice work !!!

1 Like

Great character! I noticed you also have her on Sketchfab - how about adding the embed to your post? (Just put a link to the Sketchfab model on its own line).

Done it! thank you for the tip!

This is really creative, and super cool :slight_smile: I like how you’ve subverted the cliche of a horned, cloven-hoofed figure- they’re usually red and demonic. Green and “peaceful” is an interested idea and I love the execution!

1 Like

I’m glad you apreciate that aspect of it! mixing things up is always fun and takes creativity slightly further.

Really nice piece.

1 Like

thank you!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

woot woot! thank you!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

yay! first time! Thank you so much!

1 Like

This looks amazing! She has a GW2 Sylvari vibe.

1 Like

well that’s because i’m a huge GW2 fan! deffinetly drew a lot of inspiration from sylvary (skin texture, gloss, and obvsly the glowing lines)!

How did you model the leaves? Cool design! :smiley:

Thanks! I modeled the base shape and then did some sculpting on it, then just copy pasta!

1 Like