Minecraft Misfits - Episode 1: The Jacuzzi

Hello everyone! This is the first installment of a series that I’m creating. Everything was made in blender except for textures and sounds.

Please leave feedback, I want to improve my skills.

Nice work Prog! 4 solid minutes a lot of work man, good job.

There’s room to grow always. If I were to comment on something it would probably be story. I like your characters, but since your putting so much work into these your stories should be as thought out as possible. I think you were on the right track, but I don’t know what the ending was about. Where’d they go? Is it a mindcraft reference? The first scene sets up the characters nicely, but it’s also dragging because scenes should always either be asking a question or answering one. The jokes and character stuff are great, but they could exist inside a scene driving a story. The audience should be asking questions on a journey with purpose and discovery. Just my opinion anyway, and I hope you don’t interpret that I’m saying the story was bad, cause I enjoyed the ride. I just think if your putting as much work as you are into these things you could push story farther.

Technically, I’m sure people have constructive criticism but I found animation, rigging, texturing, lighting, cinematography and editing to be pretty good. Also, that first 20 seconds sticks on a frame with nothing happening, might want to tighten that up to not lose your audience right out the gate.

Nice work, looking forward to part two! :slight_smile:

Thank you, Shibazz! The story was heavily contoured to the Minecraft world. I never thought how confusing the story would be to a non-minecraft fan until after reading your critique. (The Minecraft audience is certainly enjoying it, as they are easily understanding why certain things are happening.)

The information you have provided will definitely help me in the future. Also, I agree with the beginning lasting too long. I was hoping to achieve a feeling of ‘spooky-ness’ and let the sound drive the story, but it turned out to be just a little boring to watch. Learning from mistakes! :wink:

Thank you, Shibazz! The story was heavily contoured to the Minecraft world. I never thought how confusing the story would be to a non-minecraft fan until after reading your critique. (The Minecraft audience is certainly enjoying it, as they are easily understanding why certain things are happening.)

The information you have provided will definitely help me in the future. Also, I agree with the beginning lasting too long. I was hoping to achieve a feeling of ‘spooky-ness’ and let the sound drive the story, but it turned out to be just a little too boring to watch. Learning from mistakes! :wink:

Awesome work dude I subscribed! Also Check out my channel. I also do Minecraft Animations

That was great, can’t wait to see the next episode! The only criticism I have is that it was over all kind of slow. I think if you speed up the action and dialogue it would be a lot better.