Mini Cooper WIP

Hi all!
Everyday for about a year I´ve bees surfing around in this forum. Stunned by all beautiful images I decided to make a Mini Cooper in Blender. This is what I got. Started yesterday and will probably be ready for texturing latar today or tomorrow.
Hit me with your critics (I prefer roses)!

Cheers!
Daniel

Hey - I’ve just started on a Mini Cooper myself. Mine sucks ass compared to yours though.

Having said that - the car does look too boxy.
The roof and the sides done have enough contouring. The Mini Cooper isn’t quite that squared.

I can also see you’re having a little trouble with smoothness in places like the back number plate.

But as I said - much better than mine which I’ve restarted 3 or 4 times. sigh

Caleb

Thanx for the crits Caleb. I´ll take care of the smoothing stuff after completing the base model. The Mini homesite doesnt have enough photos for comparing so had to trust the blueprints. Are yours an old Cooper or are you modeling the new Mini Cooper?

//Daniel

Btw. I´d love to see your model.

//Daniel

I’m doing the new Mini.
I will post it in the WIP section eventually, but at the moment I’m avoiding it because I’m not terribly impressed with how I’m going.

I tend to agonise over what people are able to mass-produce in this place.

Maybe I should spend more time modelling and less time giving critiques. :smiley:

Caleb

Well, critics istn´t that bad. In fact, I found out that both critics and admiration made me a better modeller. So to speak; guys like you are needed!
Keep up your work and put it out on the forum.

Cheers!
Daniel