Minor Bot Update - Still WIP :)

Hey there. Haven’t had much time to work on my bot lately. Will go nuts in a bout a weeks time and get it done though, (hopefully :wink: ).

Anyway, here is a minor update:

http://bgdm0.tripod.com/bot_2_5.jpg (cut and paste)

I trashed the gun I had started. Not liking the design/style of it. Started o the upped leg area. Also started some texturing. I like this colour scheme better than the straight black tha I had done the poll question on.

Give me some feedback and I will definitely get this done shortly.

BgDM

Hey…Nice bot
The thing that distracts me is the yellow
Symbol or is that even what it is…
Also the hip area looks a little off
Other than that it kicks ass

chuck

Yeah, it’s a yellow symbol. i didn’t really like it after it rendered either, to be honest. I will have to change the colour of that, or maybe even get rid if it entirely.

Thanks for the comments snailrose.

BgDM

lookin sharp 8)

there’s something funny going on in the pelvic area, you might want to clean that up a bit and the overlap on the head

…just real minor things u don’t really need me to point out coz it’s just annoying and really unhelpful

Cool!

I don’t dislike that symbol much…

actually I hope it is on a non-vital area because it looks like a perfect target to shoot to… and that’s an armored robot, if I remember well :wink:

Stefano

Did you render that in Blender, the maroon part of the robot has a great look to it and if you did that in Blender, I’d be curious to hear how (if you don’t mind).

kirpre wrote:

Did you render that in Blender, the maroon part of the robot has a great look to it and if you did that in Blender, I’d be curious to hear how (if you don’t mind).

Yep, that is all Blender. The chest plate, (the part with the yellow logo), was doen in Photoshop to get the logo and lines. It is just a black base colour with thewhite and yellow lines/logo. This was UV mapped onto the chestplate. Then a bump map was generated from the colour image to get the indent on the white lines. As far as the rest of it, it is just a black material with fairly high spec and hard values. I also applied a cloud texture with a 0.9 Red value, and 0 Green & Blue values with the Alpha button pressed on the texture buttons. Used a Colour value of about 0.3 on the colour slider for the cloud texture.

To get the shiny/chrome look, it is just an image used as a texture with the REFL mapping and used the REFL on the texture butons and also set to ADD instead of MIX. Colour slider for this one was set to about 0.4 or something like that.

Hope that helps, (and was clear enough :wink: ).

BgDM

kick ass robot, man - keep up the great work and evrything will be fine!! :wink:

Tom