Minotaurus

I have tried to make a character but I need to improve my sculpt knowledge :slight_smile: Anyway I hope you will like it.

I made a short animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_LE9cErajw&feature=youtu.be

blender 2.62/internal, gimp

Attachments

1 Like

Apart from the happy-cow-face, this image is beast!!

Cool model but even cooler render - I love the lighting, hehe
 :slight_smile:

Good model but I like the lighting and composite even more, great job! :slight_smile:

smiling cow ! :slight_smile: Nice.

yeah the face kind of kills the whole scary creature composition, but actually I like the image more because of the happy face! great work!
It looks like a guy with a funny voice saying 'beat it".

Remarcable, very nice!

This is the kind of guy you DON’T want to meet in the middle of the labyrinth!

Very good !

haha ye. You either gonna get killed or raped.

So thats how smiling minotaur rapists look like.

Ok, Im scared now!

Overall is good, but for me the environment is better than the character

Raped?

LOL - note to self, avoid Bulgarian labyrinths. xD

Some people just have fetishes I guess xP

Good Job! You have a thread on modeling up?

Thank you guys and sorry for the happy-cow-face :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I wanted a frightening image but it looks I have made a beast with happy-cow-face :slight_smile: Sometimes a smile is more scary than anything else.

IkariGendo: yes I have to improve in character making. Anyway I am happy that I can made this character with quite clean mesh because usually I am not totally satisfied with my meshes.

Dude your work is amazing. I dont see why you cant rig the face and adjust the expression. I imagine his face with some ‘wrinkles’ around the nose looking pissed and maybe some steam coming from the nostrils.

@Farmfield: In Soviet Bulgaria
labyrinths rape you!

LOL, lucky you got out of USSR back in 1989 then
 :wink:

Your comment also made me think of the movie ‘You Highness’ and the trophy he takes after killing the Minotaur
 :smiley:

Yup, as already been said, nice model and really nice render. Like the inclusion of the manacles on the wrists. Hints at a story behind the image. ; )

I loved the cow happy-face, I think that this makes this minotaur different, other things also help that look, pay attention on its hair, it looks very straight and well cared, also his wristbands give him a glamurous look, this minotaur is the “minotaur bealty contest” winner for shure.

One other thing for shure, I saw thousands of minotaurs models, but this one will came to my mind when I think about a minotaur again!

Great job!

Do you use displacement for the body? or retopology?
The shape of the character is great the textures etc
 maybe is the proportions it is little bit odd.

Beautiful model.
I just saw “Your Highness” recently so I think that skewed my first impression :o