MiraTools

I tested it and it works :D.

I have one object that is little complicated when I need some face to get arc direction. Will be possible to arc in normal direction? I see that then the first and last will be problematic in case you couldn’t solve them too. Maybe this is reason why nobody made this before.

HI,

The Wrap tool first version.

I’ll write description tomorrow. But you can test it right now! There are only 2 buttons. in Object mode. I hope you will get it.

@stealthx I’ll add it specially for you.

@1cromos check documentation at the first page. There is installation guide.

@mzprox LinearDeforer is artistic tool. Sorry, there are no way to add numbers. You can use the Deformer tool with numbers.

@mkbreuer Supercool! Thank you a lot. I removed Make name. I hope you don’t mind.

nother test. It looks like it works.

wooohooo!

thanks thanks thanks.

Another test.

WOW!!!
Can you make the Wrapped mesh 1:1 as the original?It will help a lot when you want to make REAL cloth from mesh and edit the parts in Blender before export to 3D printing.

Looks really cool!

Will be eventually possible to not permanently lose objects I’m projecting? In case some future modification is needed.

@yaniv could you make some examples of what you want, please. I cannot understand correctly.
@stealthx I’ll think about it. Possibly I can duplicate objects with python.

I suppose @yaniv means that the mesh does deform, and he wants only move and orient the pibot of each object, as if it were a button.
On the other hand I think it might be useful to create a Shape Key on the 3D model, from the flat shape of the UV.

The problem:
I make a mesh of real cloth, all dimensions are real.
Now, I can use Export Paper Model addon to get all parts of the cloth and sewing/gluing them together to get a real object that you can wear.
but, I can’t edit the results on Blender.
So, the solution is to UV wrap the 3D model and hope that it’s not so distorted.
after that export the UV map as SVG and import it again into Blender and… find the right scaling of the piece, this part is the most time consume.

so, If your addon already can put UV of an object as another object, It will help me a lot to get the right scale of it.

after I get the object I can make tubes from each edge and send it to 3D printer for example.

I can add such ability. But this will not happen automatically. You will need to select a face and press a button.

Good for me…

i have seen the warp tool 1 version and warp tool test

but i dont understand the procedure for insert of monkey on the mesh.

you have used the parent of the monkey with mesh?

can you to explain step by step this procedure

Hi,
Sorry i just have not so much time these days. Procedure:

• select object with uvs. Press wrap object button. You will get wrap object according to your uvs.
  • add some objects. Select them and select the wrap object at the end. Press wrap master button.
    That’s all. I’ll make video tutorial when i finish everything.

I try but have not result

i have blender 278a

Try to download latest files.
Did you select the wrapped object at the end?

i have download latest file
and selected wrapped object at the end

but the problem persist

I think you did something wrong. It works at 2 my machines.

finally warp run correctly,
i have download from graphicall blender 278-4
and now wrapObject apply correctly ,
there is one difference among your test due to the unwrap,
because i must entry in edit mode,
unwrap the mesh,
after entry in object mode
and apply wrapObject.
directly wrapObject in object mode on the mesh
not function like i see in your test.
Thank you very much for help

Yes, the object must have uvs.