MiraTools

I just tested the Wrap Tool and it looks very promising!

I agree that to have the flattened mesh the same size as the original could be nice.

One important thing would be great. It is possible to support Empty objects too? To link some hard surface stuff to the Empty to avoid any deformations, just move objects to the right place (buttons, buckle, etc.).

If it is not easy to do it with non mesh objects then check in gui “no mesh deformatioin” button, could do the job well too. Then just do the projection in two steps.

I love this toolkit brother I use it all the time.

Hey Mifth I was thinking about ways to add a little functionality to the toolkit, especially because I use the curve stretch so often, so I hacked together a circle select tool (just on the curve stretch) which behaves identically to the one found in blender. Let me know what you think.

I look new tools ‘Wrap’, crazy !

for now it shear from up to down, its the behaviour expected ?

Hi all,

@stealthx I have added Even mode for the arc tool. But if you use Even mode many times you will get Normal mode. I could not fix it.
I’ll try to add objects transformation for the Wrap tool.

@yaniv I have added ScaleWrap. You need to select a face and press a button. Just check that your UV is not distorted.

@Marco_105 This is beacause of normals interpolation. You can use only face normals or FacaAndPoints normals when you use WrapMaster.
You can also detach geometry to get better result.

@GCRev It looks nice.

Scale wrap is great and thank you for the Even mode in arc, it works good. If I understand it right, the mode “Spread evenly” should make the same distance between vertices and “Normal mode” should keep the distance as it was and just make arc. You have the names opposite.

Did you investigate possibility of the arc based on normals?

Attachments

Scale wrap is great and thank you for the Even mode in arc, it works good. If I understand it right, the mode “Spread evenly” should make the same distance between vertices and “Normal mode” should keep the distance as it was and just make arc. You have the names opposite.

Did you investigate possibility of the arc based on normals?

Why do you spand time with Arc when already Edge Roundifier could be found in EM >Ctrl+E ??

@Marco_105: Try to rotate the object by 45° and apply rotation. I just tested it few minutes but in real modeling situation it is hard to get what is needed. And even then it only add there arc as an edges.

MiraTools works directly with edges on your model and this is big difference.

Where exactly is this edge roundifier? Is it an addon?

Yes Edge Roundifier is an addon sometime in Contribute, you can use directly from >Ctrl+E (Edit Mode), but it just make a the edge part not the bridge like that. So its different than Arc…

@stealthx yes that’s right !

@stealthx I have added normal direction for the ArcTool.

This is like early christmas, it works great!

In some case not… Following with Bevel tools and Arc

You need to select edges at the same direction.

As you can see i select them by ring, here with 2 of 4 selected

Select with Ctrl+Click. This is limitation.

I have no problem with edge path select + edge rings.

I tried to install these tools but nothing shows up or happens when I do. I am rather confused.

When you download the mifthtools-master.zip from the first page, there you must find “mira_tools” folder and only this one copy to the Blender’s addons folder.

“%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons”

Then enable Mira Tools in Blender Add-ons list.