MiraTools

@Ffrima there 2 ways to remove distortion.

• subdivide geometry. The wrapobject will have more uvs and better precise.
  • use lowpoly objects which to be wrapped. Then subdivide them after wrapping.

@Marco_105 apply array and switch ‘copy_objects’ checkbox off. It will wrap nurbs.

@Marco_105 sorry without apply modifiers. Just duplicate curves in edit mode.

Ok, that work !

Wrap tool now has cool buttons.

Very well done ! Two good further tools that yet will help us !

Do you plan to add the “reset Rotate” before every next Arc usage? I think it is really needed mainly for “MiddleCrossed” mode.

“MiddleCrossed” mode plus “Rotate” for correcting some arcs is killer combo.

There can be checker button for auto reset if somebody plan to reuse the rotation on more arcs.

Maybe could you improve the process of Wrap mapping by fixing the UV object position orientation and Object for map apply Transform before, if possible. Like that there is no surprise and WYSIWYG !

@stealthx Sorry, no plans to reset rotate. You can only reset all values.

@Marco_105 Could you explain more, please? I cannot understand your issue. Possibly screenshots.

Ok, thank you. I was just able to enable auto reset for MiddleCrossed if somebody is interested.

1. add shortcut: mira.make_arc
  2. check reset_values
  3. edit file --> mi_make_arc.py
  4. line 94 --> self.direction_vector = ‘MiddleCrossed’
  5. edit your default numbers

After every Arc it will reset to your default numbers and mode (when you use shortcut).
It will not reset when you use gui button.

I mean just improving the Wrap object as it come on the viewport as it map on the object in final orientation view.

In the Wrap tool it is necessary to have separated every face in the WrapObject? It looks like the divided normals could cause that wrapped objects are sometimes jagged. More subdivisions don’t help everytime.

Will be possible to have faces connected too?

@Marco_105 I guess your UV is rotated to 180 degrees during unwrapping. Just rotate your uv to 180 degrees it Texture Editor.

@stealthx Subdivide WRAP object to get better precise. Faces are separated because of such implementation.

Before I was testing the possible situation with mesh deform.

Here you can see the jagged mesh I was talking about. In real modeling you just have some models and not every time you have the right subdivision on both.

Now the only situation that works is high poly base and low poly projected model.

Use lowpoly monkey. Then subdivide it after wrapping.

@stealthx

Yes, good result is only with high poly base and low poly projected model.

Connected faces generate less geometry when using Mesh Deform with Solidify and better results too.

It is too complicated to make mesh faces connected or impossible?
Do you plan to add Shape Keys possibility?

My algorithm does not connect points. It’s the simplest algorithm.

Good question. I’ll try to add shapekeys support.

Good to hear it. I like how simple it works now, shapekeys could help solve some more complex stuff.

Last question, how it is looking with projecting without deformation (buttons, etc)?

@stealthx about your last question. I have added Objects transformation support. And it’s now by default.

It works great! Now is the plugin much more advanced compared to 3ds max. I think you made in Blender the most missing modeling tools.