Mirroring in 2 directions

Hi, I was wondering if there’s a way two mirror in 2 axis at once, but without creating 3 mirrored models. I have this model and I want to merge it with a copy of itself, but it is almost impossible to do by hand(stitching the faces together, is very hard). However, with the “do clipping” option of the mirror modifier enabled, it is so much easier to do. Problem is, I want to be able to do it with a copy that’s mirrored in both the x and y axis(or, strictly speaking, a copy that is rotated in 180º), but this seems impossible because I can either get 1 copy mirrored in one axis, or 2 copies, mirrored in x, y, and one in x AND y. Is there a way to keep just the one mirrored in both ways? Or, alternatively, is there a way to merge meshes like the mirror modifier does? I tried with array but it didn’t worked out for me.

thanks.

You can add another mirror modifier and have it mirror on a new axis with the axis buttons on the modifier panel

You can also toggle multiple axis in one mirror modifier

I know that, that’s not what I’m asking. Both methods generate 3 copies. I want to have just one copy that is mirrored in x AND y(rotated in 180º) so I can merge it to the original with “clipping”.

Ok, I’m not 100% sure this is what you are trying to do but try this:

1. Add a mirror modifier and choose one axis to mirror on.
  2. Apply the mirror modifier.
  3. Go to edit mode and select the newly made half of the object and press p and chose ‘selected’ to make it a separate object
  4. Select the original object again and add a new mirror modifier, and set it to the other axis you want mirrored.
  5. Apply the modifier
  6. Join the two objects you have.