Missing Worlds Media - Environment, Character, and Texture Artists

Note: This is volunteer work that may lead to compensation. I strongly emphasize may​.

http://www.missingworldsmedia.com

In search of: Character and Environment Artists

Hey there! I’m going to try to keep this as brief as possible.

I’m the Art Producer for Missing Worlds Media - the person who will somehow psychotically be overseeing Art/Sound/Music/UI - all that fun stuff. We’re currently working on our first project - The Phoenix Project, a superhuman MMO. This project was spawned from the closure of a Super-Hero MMO we played and loved. This, for all of us involved, has been a project of passion.

Here’s the gist: We are planning on using Blender, Sketchup, and possibly also 3DS Max. As of now we are looking at using the CryEngine (Youtube it, you’ll be impressed) along with some other tools. I personally chose Blender because I find it stupidly powerful and amazing - but that’s my humble opinion.

We are looking at creating an open world MMO and the last I discussed with Tech we are eyeballing a 10mi x 10mi area - so 100sq miles. Yay.

Right now we are looking for artists to assist in the development and creation of environment art (creation and texturing) and character models (rigging, animation, texturing.) As of right now this is all unpaid work but there may be compensation in the future.

If you are interested in helping, follow the link above and join our forums. Even if you’re not interested in helping out but want to keep an eye on our project then join our forums too!

You can also email me directly at [email protected]