Missouri Blender User Group

I searched for it, but I couldn’t find it, so I’ve started it. Or at least am attempting to start it.

I don’t know how many Blenderers there are in Missouri, but there has to be at least one more than me. I keep seeing the thread for the Michigan group, so I figured might as well try to see if there is any interest for the state I live in. Lord knows I could use the help of a Blender support group sometimes.

So I guess this is more of a gauge of interest for a group, rather than a group itself. If there is anyone out there, please respond.

I don’t have any clear cut ideas on what we’d do or accomplish, but we could talk about it.

You are not alone! Joplin here. Unfortunately my job keeps me very busy so my Blendering has been limited lately, but if you want I can e-mail you a zip file of some stuff I’ve done in Blender so you can get a feel for what level I’m on. I’ve just started rigging and organic modeling but I’m good at structures and texturing, uvmapping, materials stuff like that.
Like I said I am busy but I’ll do what I can.

Groovy. I’m in Columbia myself although I used to live 30 minutes away from Joplin in Pittsburg KS. I thought I would have more time to blender when I became a stay-at-home dad, but boy, was I totally delusional.

I’m kind of all over the place with what I’m trying to do. Organic and stuff one week, rigging another, architecture after that.

Right now what I’m working on setting up shots with low poly models, rendering images and then tracing those for a comic-book I’m working on. I’ve got some newer animation stuff on youtube as well.

Saint Louis here (well not ATM… traveling for work).

Would be interested in this sort of thing.

Cheers,
Briggs