Mjølnir **wireframe pg 1**

Well, wasn’t able to finish it in time… but I guess that’s the prize for doing WC’s.
Started way too late, after I had to do some modeling-practice with Bikkie-Dikkie.

Anyway, here’s my REAL (unfinished) entry for WC 198, topic Pagan Gods.

Mjølnir

Mjølnir is the name of Thor’s hammer. So yes, this is my version of Thor, I just thought Mjølnir would be a better title.

I wasn’t able to add things like earrings, a better necklace, tattoos, straps and stuff AND his actual hammer. Maybe in a later time.

The nose is a bit big, but I like it; gives him character. The skintexture however could’ve been a little more subtle.

Hope you like it,

Sago

Actually it’s ‘Mjølner’ :slight_smile:

Great render - too bad you were late for the WC

Mjolner is one of the correct translations, but since ‘Mjølner’ is more original (and looks way cooler) I changed it into that one. Thanks.

No more comments?

Actually it depends, that’s the danish variant I presume? In swedish it’s called Mjölner, which is just as right as Mjølner since both countries had the same “religion” back then.

Was looking good there Sago. :wink:

It´s very good.
I think that the lips deserves a little more finishing.

Milky: we’re both right (or wrong) since ö=ø :slight_smile:

Ø 3-2 Ö

The Ø wins it… and it looks sexier, cause we never use it in our language.

I like the lighting as well as your procedurals. The hair came out pretty well, too.

VERY Cool! Any chance of seeing a mesh and light setup?

i normally am not a fan of particle hair but i love the way the hair was rendered here.

Holy cow- that’s great. Awesome job man.

And also- mjolnir is the name of the armor in the Halo series :D… Woowoo- Masta’ Chief :P.

sweet! even though its not finished, its still frikkin’ smurf!

nice job

Thanks all.

I also think the hair looks wicked. It needed some playing around, and 3 empties for Spherical Deflection.

There are 2 arealights with raytraced shadows (8 samples), and AO enabled to Skytexture (combined with blue worldcolours and a nice worldtexture).

The combination of particle hair, raytraced shadows and AO made the rendertime quite long (27 minutes, which is long on my computer).

Attachments

Really cool, great work with the hair and the beard.

This is probaly just me, but something about his nose seems offcenter from his face. His nose seems to line up with his mouth but when I line up his mouth with his chin something feels its slightly to the right.

while the model isn’t really that good, the final image definately has feeling to it :smiley:

Linart
thanks. Though there are still some hairparts that need some work (like the goatee) it looks better than I hoped for. My favourite hairpart is the hair on the left, the part falling behind his right ear.

I used mirrormodeling so it can’t be the mesh. It could be the goatee being a little crooked or the blue light on the left changing the shape somehow.

ashraf
not sure what you mean with the model ‘not being really that good’. It ain’t realistic yet if that’s what you mean, cause it has some minor exaggerated characteristics. Other than that, the model does what it needs to do.

The texture however…

i like everything exept the lips and that you can’t see his eyes.

Truly amazing render. One of my favorites.

ashraf
not sure what you mean with the model ‘not being really that good’. It ain’t realistic yet if that’s what you mean, cause it has some minor exaggerated characteristics. Other than that, the model does what it needs to do.

The texture however…[/quote]

What I meant was anatomically and edgeflow wise, but yeah…it served the purpose

I thought the texture looked good though :smiley: