Moana (behind the scenes)

Great work!!,Characters are great, but environment and feel of render are more better!!What is add-ons!you can switch easy between window!?And what is B P M F G ?

Thank you :slight_smile: and those letters are short-cut for few materials…

Hey guys… You can check out Behind the scenes of this Artwork here : https://www.blendernation.com/2017/04/19/blendernation-exclusive-interview-nita-ravalji-moana/

Let me know what do you think.

hi Nita,

Very cool behind the scenes. i like how you painted the water texture! i was going to ask what the shader setup was for that! the behind the scenes didn’t really go into how you set up your lights, or how you did the background clouds. was that just an image on a plane?

again, nice work!

ocean shader was really simple… i just mixed texture diffuse to glossy shader… that’s it. and i really didn’t use any light set up… i used HDRI and sun light for hair… no more lights…

Thank you :slight_smile:

How did you do the wet sand and the transition between land and water. Did you manually painted the sand so it gets the wet part?

You just wanna hug her!

i painted specular map for sand… so i can control the glossiness where water meets sand…

Lovely character of Mona!

It looks really great! How did you make / what did you use for those skin shaders? They look very realistic and not waxy, which I find can be hard to achieve.

Nita that is beautiful, nice work !:smiley:

thank you :slight_smile: skin shader is just sss mixed with glossy shader,

Thank you pedro :slight_smile:

I really admire how all the elements of the scene share the same unspoken style. It’s not the easiest thing to do! They’re also so cute~ I can see these as figurines on someone’s desk (likeminemaybe).

Awesome!!! Your style is unique and beautiful and the lighting is great!

Stunning work!! I love the way you’ve adapted the designs :smiley:

thank you so much guys…
Leee i wish i had this on my desk too :smiley: