Model chair's handle plate

I have been modeling a chair since yesterday. Was excited :stuck_out_tongue: until stuck :mad:at the image. Can anyone show me how to build a bridge and merge at the center so that I can create the chair handle plate?

Or anyone has a better suggestion on how to do this ?

Attachments

I have another head ache :

The chair is supposed to be made of 2 material. The seat and plate are made of plastic while the legs and the handles are made of wood. I would like to smoothen the seat, do some bevel on it so that there is a nice seat curve. I do not want to smooth nor bevel the legs and handles. However, this software refused to listen to my command. And end up the whole object is smoothen and bevel. Looks rather weird as though the whole chair is crafted from one piece of material. Can anyone help?

If you could post the blend, I could try fiddling around with it and find a solution.

Well, you can do that this way:

• Delete that two faces you have selected in the image
  • Enter into vertex selection mode
  • Select four vertices (two of each side, of course), for example, the front ones
  • Press F to form a face between that four vertices
  • Repeat with the four top ones, the back ones, and the bottom ones

There you have the plate.

As for apply some modifiers to only part of the mesh… you’ll have to separate the mesh into parts. As far as I know, the modifiers apply to whole objects. To separate, select the vertices forming the seat and press P to separate.

Thanks Dibujor. Manage to build the bridge to form the plate

>I do not want to smooth nor bevel the legs and handles. However, this software refused to listen to my command.

Use Edge Split modifier on it. Vary the angle until you get the look you want.

You’re welcome :wink: