Model Something

Hey, I just had a 3am exhausted haven’t had no coffee all day need a snack kind’ve idea. Instead of a contest or something, why don’t we just pick a random ‘make something cool by’ date. Then on that date, well post.

Maybe could have a short one, and long one. To see who’s the best at just throwing something together, and who’s at taking their time. No rules, no guidelines, just make ‘something cool’

let me know what ya think

yup i like it, i’ve never backed away from a blender contest so count me in =D

Cool with me

1. pofo

I;m in…

like what

sounds fun!

Sounds fun AND difficult to judge…

Stefano

How about a regular weekend challenge? Something along the lines of a challenge topic posted on friday, entries accepted until monday, followed by a popular vote to decide the winner by thursday. The winner decides the topic for the following weekend, but doesn’t get to compete again that week.

That sounds like a great idea. I like the idea of having the winner sit out a week too. Kinda evens out the playing field for the next one, a little bit anyway.

When do we start? Cause I’m in.

BgDM

I like ectizen idea more than acasto’s

Aving a guideline is better, IMHO

Stefano

How about a regular weekend challenge? Something along the lines of a challenge topic posted on friday, entries accepted until monday, followed by a popular vote to decide the winner by thursday. The winner decides the topic for the following weekend, but doesn’t get to compete again that week.

Hey that sounds even better. Great!

I like Ectizen’s idea better too. I’m in!

Martin

Sounds good, when should we start

and who will organize it?

Okay, I’ll have a go at organising this :slight_smile:

Here’re my current thoughts on how this would work:

• at midday friday (GMT), a new thread (eg. “Weekend Challenge Entries for 10 May 2002”) is created in the Contests forum, giving the new topic/theme for the weekend, and maybe some how-to-play instructions. Contestants post a message with a link to their entry in this thread. If someone posts more than one entry, only the newest is elligible. That is, one entry per person, but the entry can be updated. To keep this tidy, posts without entries (eg. comments) would be discouraged in this thread.

• at midday (GMT) the following monday, another new Contests thread (eg. “Weekend Challenge Voting for 10 May 2002”) is created, containing a poll for everyone to vote for their favourite entry. Comments are welcome here.

• at midday (GMT) the next thursday, the entry with the most votes is declared the winner. The winner is contacted via email/private message for congratulations, and to request a new topic/theme. Since the winner provides the next topic, they’re excluded the next challenge.

• repeat.

This seems to me to be the simplest way of doing this, requiring only two thread creation posts (moderator assisted, since they’re in the Contest forum), and one winner announcement post per week.

Additionally, the organiser can participate too, as they neither select topics nor judge winners.

How does this sound?

• at midday friday (GMT), a new thread (eg. “Weekend Challenge Entries for 10 May 2002”) is created in the Contests forum,

• at midday (GMT) the following monday, another new Contests thread (eg. “Weekend Challenge Voting for 10 May 2002”) is created

So thats only one weekend? I should make that at least 5 days. Then you still have two days for the voting.

Well, maybe tuesday instead of monday (or wednesday/thursday instead of thursday/friday). That’d give 4 days to create an entry, 2 days for voting, and one day to setup the next challenge. I want to allow an entire day for setup, since this requires a dialog with the winner, whose timezone could be anywhere.

Sounds cool. Now we’ll have something to look forward to every week. We’ll all have the motivation to win too, because that’s the only way we’ll manager to get any work on our main projects done. :wink:

Goo

this sounds good

This sounds very cool.

What about a Voting poll to decide the topic too :slight_smile:

This should be top of democracy!

Stefano

Why don’t we do most creative. Everyone gets tired of making a pencil and cup and stuff. I was looking at the IRTC contest board and the ‘creative interpretation’ field is always pretty cool, because you never know what to expect from one to the other.

One of my favorite blender pics in the gallerie is that pic by Dickie of Direa, the underground elf thing. It freaks me out because I seen the girl (elf…gnome…???) in a dream one time. They had an underground city and stuff, it was really cool…