Modeling a bow front window

Hey guys,

I’m new to this forum and new to Blender. I have very little experience working in 3D, doing small projects in Sketchup such as interior design for my house. Now that I have some more free time on my hands, I’m trying my hand at airport scenery design for Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X. I began modeling today and I’m stuck on a part. I’m sure that the answer is very simple but I just can’t seem to get it. I would like to model the 2 bow front windows located on the middle level of the house hangar. Any help would be great. I’ve spent hours on this today with no luck.

http://i.imgur.com/1NBzeds.jpg

Thank you very much for your help. I’m really excited to be a part of this community and to continue to learn Blender!

Matt

can you please circle out what you mean? I can’t seem to get it. Is it the two windows that are just exactly over the plane?

Perhaps if you start from outline like this…

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY APPLIED IF YOU FOLLOW WHAT EPPO SUGGESTED, BUT CAN ALSO BE USED IF YOU FIND THIS HELPFUL

If you want the front porch to be a perfect rectangle then follow these steps:

1. On the edge with the bump select the whole one, like from where it bends 90 degrees to where it bends 90 degrees again.
    Then what you want to do is while having the line selected press s + x + 0. What this will do is it will scale it by x until it is 0 degrees so the edge has to aline.

If you want to connect this to the main structure just select 2 vertexes at a time and then do the same for the opposite side and hit f. After you have done this you can adjust on how you want the faces to look. If your line goes un-alined again then just repeat step 1.

If you don´t want to align the front line then you can just skip step 1 and do step 2.

Hope this helped you :slight_smile: