Modeling Character's in General

Alrighty, I have a question about this, and I’m confused about how I should acutally start doing this. How do I begin to model character’s? I’ve looked for beginnner tutorials, but I’ve found nothing. I don’t know what to do. I’m so confused! I’m trying to model Spongebob Squarepants and i don’t know where to start! I’ve tried starting with a cube, but I don’t know where to go from their. I’m a confused newbie. =/ Can someone help me?

you could try this thread in my sig i hope it helps to explain some modelling techniques, but there are lots of ways to model.
V
V
V

Thanks for the help, Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

http://maxrovat.sns.hu/subdiv/

%<

Thanks! I’m trying to figure out though how to work with making the shape of him. I had it going but I did it the wrong way an I couldn’t figure out how to get it too look right, so I’m starting over again. I’m so confused.

In a way, this won’t seem like much help to you. But trust me, it will be. Learn to walk before you run. Start small. Work your way up to more complex objects. Grab something nearby and try to model it. Do every modelling and texturing tutorial you can find. Explore and experiment. Spongebob will be there when you are ready.

Whatever you do, don’t allow yourself to get frustrated too badly. Step away from it for awhile if necessary. Read the online documentation. There are several examples in it for many of the important areas you will need to successfully model.

If you have a question, use the knowledge base and search the forums. If this research doesn’t help you, then pick the relevant forum and post a topic asking for help. There are alot of really fine people here that will help you in every way they can.

This seems to be the tried and true method for success.

Thanks for the help. I guess your right. I will look through the documentation. I’ve seen them and they look like they will help a lot. I will try basic stuff though so I can get used to drawing stuff in the program. I will also follow the tutorials more. So far, I’ve only done one tutorial and completed it which was how to make a dice cube, which didn’t turn out very good. ><, Thanks for the help. ^~