Modeling Cloth Addon for Blender 2.8

The current version doesn’t have a way of keyframing the cloth. You can run the cloth with blender’s timeline by using “animated” instead of “continuous” but it doesn’t save the animation. The new version I’m working on has some keyframing features and caching.

Creating a loop is difficult. There is probably a way to do it by saving out shapekeys at stages in the simulation and blending back towards a start shape. I might be able to add a feature to the new version that would do some of this work automatically, maybe backing up the velocity array so it moves more natural… I’d have to think about it.

There is a button at the top of the modeling cloth tools that lets you apply the changes. You can also just create a “new shape from mix” when you get the cloth where you like it. This way you could save several shape keys as the simulation runs. Might be the best way to create a loop.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on features to add to the rewrite. I’m really close to releasing it.

Cheers!

9 Likes

I’m looking forward to the new version and abitlity to test it:)
I haven’t used the first version for real work(only some tests a year ago). It didn’t fully fit my needs and was quite buggy, but it was very,very promising.
From last video seems you fixed most annoying bugs, also add ability to move it in edit mode is very nice.
I believe that it has a bright future. I hope after releasing it you will have much more support=)