Modeling Co-present Eyes

I’m trying to model an eye which has multiple lenses, or something like that. Well the model will be simple for the time being, just a pupil and iris. So I rez a sphere add some rings then subdivide surface it. Then I color the circular plane whose center is the z axis as black, followed by coloring the face loop touching the pupil. Then I select the faces of the newly colored pupil and iris and z axis grab them lets say .01 units (upward). Then i just duplicated a couple of eyeballs and right click so the eyeballs are located in the same space.

The problem comes when i try to rotate one of the eyeballs. The colors get distorted :(. How can I have it so the colors remain? This might not make sense, I’ll clarify if need be.

See what I mean?

Basically a couple spheres are occupying the same space, and the spheres have colored spots. I want to animate the spheres rotating in different ways whille occupying the same space. When I do the rotation then the colors spots of the sphere get distorted.

• Avoid scams by avoiding modeling agencies that want to charge you an upfront fee, charge you for their classes, make you use one specific photographer, charge you for makeup or other services, but advertise that you can have your photographs taken for free.