Hi all! I’ve been using blender for a while now and I have been selected to participate in a computeing competition ( called COMFEST, google it out if u want to). Now they have a 3d modelling event in which blender is used (Yay! ). So I can be give anything in random so I cannot tell what will I get but I have some questions about modelling certain stuff-
- Modelling shoe laces/ ribbons.
- Making unusual shapes (shoe sole, badge etc)
- (This one shouldn’t really be here) Adding backgrounds(images) to my renders. I mean not having the plane grey background but adding (or making, I dont really know about this) a scene…
Thanks a lot
Shoe laces or anything ropey should probably be made with curves. but another way to make rope(which looks really good) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVRu580sIOY
‘shoe sole, badge’ both of these can be made with basic polygon modeling.(try checking out a basic polygon modeling tutorial)
There are two ways to create a background image.
- build a background scene.
- what you need to do is use a plane and UV unwrap it to a image you download off the internet etc and use that for the background.
Note here is a great tutorial series which should show you everything you need to know https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLda3VoSoc_TR7X7wfblBGiRz-bvhKpGkS