Modelling the inside of a mouth.

Can anyone help me with this? I want to model a detailed human-like mouth, but I have no clue on how to start it. I couldn’t even find decent referencematerial.

thanks in advance

Well, how you go about it depends on what you need to do with it. IE, you can make the tongue a separate object for animation purposes, etc.

The best reference would be a hand-mirror and a flashlight. Just look in your own mouth at your desk. You could also get a friend to take a digital picture.

There are two ways to build the mouth that I think would work best:

1. Nurbs skinning. There’s a tute for this on Ingbee’s site, making a mouse head, but you could adapt it for a human mouth. Teeth would of course be separate objects from the main mouth.
  2. Subsurfs. Just take a box, hollow it out with vertex editing and subdivisions, then subsurf smooth it.

Hope this helps.

Maybe you already did this, but go to google.com and search “mouth anatomy”.

did that. (exactly the same, and didn’t really find what I needed.
Thanks anyway.

maybe this can help
http://www.ohiofamilies.dynu.com/blender/mouth.jpg
I modeled a mouth with blender, it has teeth, tounge, and the inside of the mouth. I used a tube for the inside and the tounge, just extruded and scaled. Let me know it this is what you mean. Sorry about the big pic, now sure how to scale down a screen shot.