Modern Bathroom

Looks like some good work!

constructive criticism:
The wall tile seems to be a little overused and distracts from the overall image. The blue on the soap in the soap dish is a little overly saturated. otherwise looks great!

Hi. Sorry for answering so late. I hadn’t noticed your post.

It’s easy. Select the object that includes the ceiling, go into edit mode, inset the ceiling’s quad by a small amount, extrude the new surface downwards and scale it by a tiny bit in order to hide the ceiling corner edges when looking from below. This is how it should look like now:

Create area lights that fit inside the new light niches (choose “rectangle” inside the lamp’s properties>data panel). This is how it should look like from a transverse section view:

I hope this was helpful. It’s quite simple (no rocket science here :slight_smile: ).

Good luck with your project.

Really great work.
“Pro-quality” from a “Hobbyist”.:eyebrowlift:

Thank you for giving me credit but all the credit goes to you for been open to suggestions, eager to learn and test new things.

Believe me, I’ve been a tutor for almost 15 years and these are qualities that you don’t meet often among students.:smiley:

I hope I could also be helpful in you next project.:wink:

Thank you buddy! No need to say more. You’re the first one I’m going to call for help, you know it.:yes:

Thank you! Criticism is always welcome!

I don’t have something to say about the tile. You might be right. I won’t insist on that. I just tried to make things symmetrical and balanced (in my eyes, at least). I don’t know if I succeeded 100% in this part.

As for the “soap”, oops… This was meant to be a sponge:o. If it doesn’t look like one, then it’s my failure, of course.

The realism blew me away, im not a skilled artist by any means myself so im not qualified to give you criticism, but if this was an exercise in trying to achieve photorealism to the point where the observer cannot tell its a render, then the thing that confirmed to me that it was a render was the odd material of the towel, no towel has strands as big as that.

Thank you! Your words are very encouraging!

As for the towel, you may be right. I don’t think it’s the length, though. I revisited the scene and made some tests. I think there was too much “randomness” in the strands and they were too thin for the model’s scale (that’s why their length was so “noticeable”). I doubled the hair number, I increased the thickness and removed some forces (I had a 0.001 Brownian etc.) and randomness factors. The result was closer to a real towel. So, thanks for pointing this out. When I find some free time, I’ll post a render focused on the towel. I’ll be happy to see if this looks more realistic in your opinion.

Ok, I’m uploading the towel’s old and new version. @Thesonofhendrix was right. The towel wasn’t so successful after all.

I just removed most of the “randomness” factors or lowered their value, and I also doubled the hair amount. Furthermore I slightly increased the strand’s thickness. There was also a Vertex Group border problem. I fixed that too. Here are the results:

I think the newer version is better in many ways. So thx @Thesonofhendrix for pointing this out.

That towel looks fabulous. I haven’t played with the hair system much but this is really impressive.

Thank you. The particle system’s settings are quite simple. The towel/strand material is more important imo. I used as a base this tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEpsN1-W-Qw from Andrew Price.
l=0
The only difference with the material I’ve made is that I’ve used higher translucency values and slightly stronger velvet shader mix.

Absolutely true! I think the best people in most fields (possibly creative ones even more so) are generally very curious about so many different things that they tend to learn about things without knowing exactly how it connects to what they already know. It may just sit isolated for a few years until you learn something new that connects them.

Wow! Amazing. I feel like I can step right into the bathtub or shower. Is it for a game or are you going to use it for a movie? The only thing that doesn’t feel as believable is the cabinets, but the shower looks amazing.

It’s very good!
So how many hours did you spend to make this?

Thanks. I don’t really remember how much time I spent making this scene. Few days I guess.

Where’s the photographer? :smiley: