Modern FPS, Mission/Level Designer

About:

We are looking to pitch our current project in a couple months to publishers for funding. We already have 1 game being pitched and our working on a 2nd.

Here are some early screen-shots in development:
http://p-o-p-games.com/FPS_Screens.html.

(From the above link)

The Game:

• Modern Combat FPS, WW3
  • Similar to COD Modern Warfare 1,2
  • If that interests you at all, you will have a lot of freedom with design
Tasks:
  • Design levels in 3D by placing basic primitives, paths, mission objectives
  • Write up and design mission scenerios
  • Write up small parts of a design document, including mission objectives and dialogue

Experience:

• 18 years of age minimum
  • Portfolio showing knowledge in modded levels, 3D artwork, or programming
    (Having more than one of these will be a big bonus)

Extras:

• Can do 3D art or 2D concept art

Wow, very well done. I followed the link to the screens, is it a mod or your own game? Looks extremely well.
First question: Is it going to be online, or just singleplayer?
Second: Totaly made in blender (except for textures)?
If i was born one year sooner i would help (no sense lying about my age)
It looks more like battlefield 2 style than cod. Can you use vehicles in gameplay?
Looks great, keep it up!

Now this is how to pitch a project! I wish this thread was stickied just as an example.

I’ve too much on my plate on the moment (I just found out I have to raise $1000000 before I can get a permanent work visa in the states and I plan on moving over in a year and a half) but I wish you the best of luck.

A slight critique of the game art posted so I feel I’ve given you something, is that your primitives look a bit too clean. Even the dirty things like the dumpster is very clean looking. By accentuating the grime on the textures this can be combated. Also, some normal and spec maps on your models would make them pop if your engine can handle it.

Not much who would help are over 18 0.o, they have to much things on their hands. Too bad, I’m 13, but this looks like a serious project, so I understand why you would want 18 year olds.

I’m a programmer, and I think I’m pretty good! If you need anything, and your desperate… Don’t hesitate to ask. My portfolio is my signature, you can see my game there.

If you want the blenderartists game thread here:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=154528

I’m not asking to join, maybe just if you need any help, and maybe if all your programmers are busy, and you need help with something small.

Looking good and I agree with Rorkimaru :smiley: Nice Job so far

shame your only letting over 18s join this looks awsome

is it a mod or your own game

Own game, own engine.

A slight critique of the game art posted so I feel I’ve given you something, is that your primitives look a bit too clean. Even the dirty things like the dumpster is very clean looking. By accentuating the grime on the textures this can be combated. Also, some normal and spec maps on your models would make them pop if your engine can handle it.

DUDES!! I can NEVER get normal maps working in blender. F- it, you know. These are not in engine yet, just concept renders. Here is some old stuff and when I finally get to coding, I will have parallax mapping in and SSAO, all the good next-gen stuff :
http://vimeo.com/5403958

Now this is how to pitch a project! I wish this thread was stickied just as an example.

I’ve prototyped (meaning made playable demo versions) of 10+ games, mostly 3D in separate engines I wrote over time. So I know pretty much what I need and right now I don’t have time to fill in some of the easy slots, because they are time consuming.

First question: Is it going to be online, or just singleplayer?
Second: Totaly made in blender (except for textures)?

1: I have an online library I wrote and will get to updating is when some money comes in. Co-op 2 player, Multiplayer some day.
2. I model in blender which is why I would like a person to layout maps in blender for easy use. I use combined photo-textures from CGTextures.com. I also have a tiny contribution of photos on there.

coonerboy: I’m looking for people that can maturely help and possibly hold a job. If you have a lot of previous work to show that you are serious about your direction, then send me an update.

Mid-Eastern CIA building: