Modern Kitchen

I’m making a kitchen in blender using a picture I took at IKEA. Here it is so far. The render I had before this was less noisy, but I wanted to show the problem I’m having with the candle. For some reason, the glass is black even though the preview button shows it transparent. I’ve posted the material settings and reference image, too.

Attachments

Flipped normals or doubled vertices?

I tried that, but with no success. Strangely now, though, is that when I render it the very first refresh of the image, (when the image first appears) the lighting is normal, but at the second refresh the lighting drops significantly. I tried adjusting the gain value, thinking that maybe it was somehow absorbing the light, but no difference. However, when I deleted the candle from the scene, the lighting was fine. I am very confused as to what is happening! :frowning:

Here’s an update. I haven’t worked on it much, but I was wondering something. Why is Indigo rendering so slowly? This render took almost six hours! I think next I will put in the lights, but how do I make the spiral metal thing that hangs from the ceiling? I’m doing the lights because there is nothing to reflect. The metal smoke catcher is almost invisible.

Attachments

Uggh, more problems. I added 3 more lights, but the scene got darker! This one rendered for a little over six hours. For some reason it looks as if only the middle lamp is actually casting any light. The light that I have on the ceiling, a flattened circle, is no longer working, and you can tell by looking at the reflections on the red vase. Why is it doing this, and how can I speed up render times?

Attachments

Please? Any ideas? I really need help with the lighting issue or I’ll have to just forget about this and do something that only uses a single light. By the way, they are light bulb shaped meshes and I have the environment set to mesh lighting.

Have you tried rendering in Yafaray or Luxrender? Maybe it’s just indigo having issues.

I’d be willing to try Luxrender, but last I’ve used yafaray and now it’s broken.

I must say, I do not like Luxrender. This image took a staggering 13 hours to render, and the quality is not nearly as good as Indigo.

Attachments

I’m working on the lighting issue in the indigo forums, but for now here’s another render:

Attachments