Modifier List 1.7.5

Hey your addon is life saver to me. One small request pop up doesn’t allow to pick a object. If it doesn’t possible, atleast show only selected objects in the drop-down menu easily pick. Because every time I use mirror mod with pop up then I have to go property bar to add object pivot. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thanks, glad to hear. :slight_smile:

Popups have that limitation in Blender currently. Unfortunately, I can’t show only the selected objects either because I use the same layouts that default Blender does.

2 Likes

So the code for the UI before the changes was in python? If so, then maybe you would have to copy-paste some part of the code (Which even then I know is still a lot of work). I hope they will take a look at your addon and implement at least some of the changes to be on vainilla blender.

This would be a huge loss, and a return to the frustrations of the crazily designed native modifier list.

4 Likes

Modifier List 1.5.2

Blender 2.83 and earlier

• Multires: don’t show the sculpt level setting. Sculpting on other levels than the highest has been disabled in vanilla Blender since 2.81… I will release another patch once support for it has been added.

Blender 2.83

• Updated layouts for the following modifiers so they are in synch with the latest Blender:

• Corrective Smooth

• Explode

• Hook

• Laplacian Deform

• Multires

• Ocean

• Surface Deform

18 Likes

Thanks for keeping Modifier List up to date, @Symstract, much appreciated. It’s still one of my no-hesitation instant add-on installs with every new Blender release.

In case Blender development makes it harder for you to maintain it, I really hope you could offer it to be included among the default Blender add-ons, which might make it survive future transitions once it’s officially supported.

7 Likes

I’ve actually gotten so used to using this add-on that I was watching a youtube video of some Blender tutorials and someone was going through their modifier stack and I got really confused at what I was looking at. It took me a minute to realize that they were just using the default modifier stack - my brain is just wired now to accept this add-on here as how it should be so I assumed it was.

4 Likes

That makes two of us. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Yes, this def. should be default/standard method IMO. Normal way is a mess when I see it now, as others said.

4 Likes

This is just a magical addon! Thanks!

2 Likes

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I made a post at Devtalk about Modifier List.

9 Likes

I found a crash bug after I installed the latest version of the add-on. When I added MultiRes to the standard cube in Layout and subdivided it once, Blender crashed when I moved over to the Sculpting tab. It doesn’t crash if you go to Sculpting first and subdivide, but switching back and forth from Layout to Sculpting again crashed Blender for me.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for nice comments :slight_smile:

I’ll copy the whole Blender Python module which contains the layouts and stick to them. I can’t use the new layouts which are in development in the modifier-panels-ui branch because they use subpanels and popups don’t support them. Also, it might be quite some work to recreate them in Python. I’ll just follow closely the Blender source code and see if modifiers get new settings and update the addon accordingly.

I’m not too keen on making this a built-in addon to be honest but I’ll still keep this up to date. I’ll just follow more closely if something changes in Blender. Eventually, bigger changes are required anyway when modifiers become nodes (if this addon still makes sense then anyway).

Thanks for the report, I’ll investigate.

2 Likes

I found out that the crash happens even without this addon so the bug must have been introduced with some recent commit to Blender. You don’t even need to change the workspace, simply going into sculpt mode crashed Blender. I’m making a bug report.

Edit: https://developer.blender.org/T75748

3 Likes

This is so great! Why didn’t I learn about this earlier?

I have one gripe about the modifier stack in general: you cannot apply modifiers in edit mode.
would it be possible to add an option for that to this addon? like some macro that would just exit edit mode, apply modifier, enter edit mode again?

2 Likes

Thanks!

Try doing it… :smiley:

2 Likes

I found out about this addon about half an hour ago and I can’t see myself going back to the usual mode. This needs to become the new normal way of displaying modifiers. Or at least, it needs to become an official addon. Thanks sooo much for this great product! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

There’s clearly a consensus about this request. I too think that Modifier List should be added to the default add-ons list (tbh, I even think that it should be activated by default).

3 Likes

I can recommend @roaoao’s great Pie Menu Editor. Next to a very efficient custom menu workflow, it also offers the option to create macros and assign them to a custom menu.

1 Like