Mods please delete these post

(Rogenator) #1

Greetings:
Its based on a Magic card, since ìm not a fan of the game and just did a quick sketch of it, it may be different from the card, let me hear what
you think so far

IMAGE DELETED DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF RESPONSE

(Rogenator) #2

Greetings:
I decided to go a different way from the card, now is just going to be an old character, added the arms, just one is posed so far an as you can see they are separated from the body but since its really highpoly the unwrap would be to difficult if i join them so ill cover them with something, the cane is not the final model, it`s just to show why of the pose

(Woodman5k) #3

It would be a shame to cover the details you have created with the ribcage and spine.

(Khnum) #4

It would be a shame to cover the ribs, but perhaps something that wraps the sholders and then is like a mesh, or silk (see though) etc. Will the beed neclace have a string that goes though it? I didn’t see one there. Love the shape of the body and head so far, very cool looking.

(Rogenator) #5

Greetings:
Thanks for the comments, i wont cover the body, i was thinking of something just to cover the union, maybe some skulls, as for the necklace, is just the indication of it, i was also thinking of putting some skulls and more stylized beats, a little update, just the other arm posed

(Rogenator) #6

Greetings:
Another and most probably last update due to the amount of c&c, added some sort of skirt and just to test i removed the right arm, i kinda like the idea of it being one-armed

(Rogenator) #7

Greetings:
The skirt wasn`t working for me, it was done with softbodies but it had major issues like overlapping and it was traspassing the cane so here is another one, this time modelled, and a different view for you to see all of it

(Khnum) #8

The skirt looks good, though either the skirt is too long or the cane is too short. Keep it up though looks really nice so far!!! :smiley:

(Rogenator) #9

Greetings:
Actually the skirt and the cane are correct, i use a plane to make sure that they do touch the floor, it must be a perspective trick, another update, starting with the texturing, i haven`t modelled the shoulders cover or the cane but i needed a break from modelling :smiley: , and still not sure about the right arm, maybe it will be one armed after all

(frenzymedia) #10

Nice Job! :stuck_out_tongue:
the veins on the arms look rad, did you use displacement?

keep up the great work.
Cheers::bc

(Rogenator) #11

Greetings:
Thanks frenzymedia, yes, it`s displacement, quick update, trying some things for the background i came up with these pillars, let me know what you think about them

(Khnum) #12

Looking good. I like the pillars but I think they should be a little more decorative, perhaps some cylinder cutouts or something. Also, they should have some sort of treatment at the base like you have for the top.
Link_1
Link_2
Here’s some examples of what I mean.

(Rogenator) #13

Greetings:
I thought the same khnum, so i added a few details to the pillars, not too much, since i think the main feature is the character, another update, added the floor as well

IMAGE DELETED DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF RESPONSE, I GUESS ILL CHANGE MY NICK TO SIMETHING LIKE @NDY OR BGDM TO RECEIVE ALT LEAST SOME COMMENTS

(digital_me) #14

You realize that it is thanksgiving weekend, and a lot of people are out of town, right? And you know that throwing a hissy fit because your image didn’t get tons of "Brilliant!!!11"crits won’t help anything. Of course now nobody can crit you image, so all you’re doing is hurting yourself. Grow up.

(Dittohead) #15

If there’s a sticky that says “READ THIS BEFORE POSTING” in all caps, it’s generally a good idea to read it.

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47262

This forum wasn’t created for you to be worshipped like @ndy. This forum is for focused critique, people aren’t going to seem all “nice-nice” here, and any post that isn’t providing some bit of information or critique is deleted. This forum is to help you learn and grow in your artistic ability, not to sit around get praise on something that can be improved.