Modular Tree

add-ons

(mak485) #466

working fine with preset leafs. but whenever try to make twig with new leaf, following errors appears----

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/mak/.config/blender/2.79/scripts/addons/modular_tree-master/toolbar_functions.py”, line 146, in execute
particle_proba=self.leaf_proba, leaf=leaf_object, leaf_size=self.leaf_size * 20, material=“twig”)
File “/home/mak/.config/blender/2.79/scripts/addons/modular_tree-master/tree_functions.py”, line 336, in create_twig
leaf.select = True
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘select’

(JuhaW) #467

Might be typos of toolbar_functions.py. Who knows unless you reveal what you have added.

(mak485) #468

materials.7z (1.7 MB)
toolbar_functions.7z (1.9 KB)

pls find attached files, try to find problem.

(AFWS) #469

@mak485

It looks like it’s the tree_functions.py and not the toolbar_functions.py.

(mak485) #470

where to amend ?

(janmatys) #471

Hm, so lets make it simple … THX A BUNCH OF TIMES FOR THIS!!!

Sincerely, Jan

(Entus_Brutalus) #472

This addon is realy greate I love it,
You say the addon comes for Unity? or is this a privat project.

(Shylon) #473

Thank you for such a good addon. :slight_smile:

(mbcburt) #474

Amazing addon! Thanks!

(Jesús Alberto Sandoval Matias) #475

I love your addon, I have a week this and impressed me a lot. this is a quick model and render with your addon.

(Emir Sinan Gürlek) #476

2.8 is happening guys!

He even cloned himself to work faster :smiley:

(Maxime) #477

I have completely redesigned the way the branches are created, allowing for more than one split at a time and a much nicer topology.

(Jakroval) #478

That look really cool ! Love it. Any time frame on support 2.80?

(Maxime) #479

I have added a new node that combines split and grow.
Here is a quick example of use:

(Dan Wipf) #480

will you release that progress soon? that’d be awesome :slight_smile:

(Maxime) #481

It’s already on github on the blender_28 branch, you can download it and test it, but use it at your own risk :slight_smile:

(Ace Dragon) #482

The 2.8 version of the addon is going to tear up sapling as far as quality is concerned :open_mouth:

It’s especially nice that the addon is open source, so the community can help make it into the best tree generator that can be found for any DCC app.

(Peetie) #483

Can you show a basic node setup of it in 2.8? After sliding around for 20 minutes I was able to make something more than a branch, but nothing what looks like a tree.

(Shylon) #484

The new Topology is good, but it would be nice to have classic topology generation too. just want to know is it possible to move input-green connection from down to upper of the node? more straight line of connections.

(AFWS) #485

@Maxime

Will the 2.8 version?

1: Be able to save presets
2: Be able to split the trunk at the base
3: Be able to still use grease pencil for tree shape
4: Option for roots