Modular Tree

Might be typos of toolbar_functions.py. Who knows unless you reveal what you have added.

materials.7z (1.7 MB)
toolbar_functions.7z (1.9 KB)

pls find attached files, try to find problem.

@mak485

It looks like it’s the tree_functions.py and not the toolbar_functions.py.

where to amend ?

Hm, so lets make it simple … THX A BUNCH OF TIMES FOR THIS!!!

Sincerely, Jan

This addon is realy greate I love it,
You say the addon comes for Unity? or is this a privat project.

Thank you for such a good addon. :slight_smile:

Amazing addon! Thanks!

I love your addon, I have a week this and impressed me a lot. this is a quick model and render with your addon.

1 Like

2.8 is happening guys!

He even cloned himself to work faster :smiley:

4 Likes

I have completely redesigned the way the branches are created, allowing for more than one split at a time and a much nicer topology.

22 Likes

That look really cool ! Love it. Any time frame on support 2.80?

I have added a new node that combines split and grow.
Here is a quick example of use:

11 Likes

will you release that progress soon? that’d be awesome :slight_smile:

It’s already on github on the blender_28 branch, you can download it and test it, but use it at your own risk :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The 2.8 version of the addon is going to tear up sapling as far as quality is concerned :open_mouth:

It’s especially nice that the addon is open source, so the community can help make it into the best tree generator that can be found for any DCC app.

4 Likes

Can you show a basic node setup of it in 2.8? After sliding around for 20 minutes I was able to make something more than a branch, but nothing what looks like a tree.

The new Topology is good, but it would be nice to have classic topology generation too. just want to know is it possible to move input-green connection from down to upper of the node? more straight line of connections.

@Maxime

Will the 2.8 version?

1: Be able to save presets
2: Be able to split the trunk at the base
3: Be able to still use grease pencil for tree shape
4: Option for roots

• Presets : I haven’t researched it yet, but it’s definitely on the roadmap
  • Split the trunk at the base: depends on what you mean, if it is having branches go from the base of the trunk or split the trunk in two then yes, if it’s having multiple trunks then no.
  • Grease pencil : the feature will remain
  • Roots : I can’t guarantee it it but I will try to make it happen.
2 Likes